Revamping Judges Sheets

Since the rule proposals dealing with amplification, and even the one about percussion judge #2 seem to discuss confusion/inability/ignoring how to judge the inclusion of amplification and electronics...shouldn't the sheets be re-worded to include language about it? Now I'm all for hoping the ban on amplification passes, I also know it doesn't have much of a snow ball's chance of passing. That said, why not attack the issue from another perspective than? More than one proposal states that if the equpiment fails, there is no impact on the scores...so make it so! Having just finished an intro to music education class where we spent an entire unit on the validity and reliability of rubrics and judges sheets, it is clear to me that the wording has to be included on the sheets. This would have to be on the G.E. and ensemble sheets, but it has to be put on there. There are so many things a judge has to evaluate during the course of a performance that if they don't see anything on the sheet about that, they might be inclined to pass over it to make sure they cover the other things that are on the current sheets. - Man I feel like I'm writing my own proposal here - by including language on the judges sheet that specifically deals with the issues inherent with amplication and electronics, the burden to deal with any problems during the performance become more on the judges to deal with and evaluate.

My $.02...thank you for reading, sorry for taking up all of your time.

It would have to submitted as a rules change, and the date for submitting rules was last September. I had thought about that route, but decided against it for two reasons. One, my personal opinion was that doing away with the problem (which also reduced the cost of operating a drum corps) was preferrable. And two, the sheets are not made available to the public, so it would have been difficult to write such a proposal.