Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

Brand X is truly the class of drum corps right now....I wish they had submitted rule proposals to the DCI board

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure - but I would think that electronics in corps is causing enough trouble without adding searchlights and tracking bracelets to the mix.

Though it might make judging visual a little easier....

regards - Jim

Brand X is truly the class of drum corps right now....I wish they had submitted rule proposals to the DCI board

Any updates on Brand X?

Anyone going to check out their March camp?

Some threads just won't ever die. Didn't there used to be a "bored drum corps nuts" forum?

Some threads just won't ever die. Didn't there used to be a "bored drum corps nuts" forum?

Are you saying that Brand X doesnt deserve the same coverage that World Class Corps receive?

If you dont want to hear updates...then dont open the link!

Between January and May...I think ALL of DCP is "bored drum corps fans forum" anyway.

Any updates on Brand X?

Anyone going to check out their March camp?

I only know what I pick up off the police reports,

sorry :whip:

I think that we will hear some kind of update when the corps director is released from prison, at the end of March.

We can only hope. That's the date with good behavior. Last I heard, he was having some issues with another inmate named Big Al. Something about soap on a rope....

• 2 weeks later...

Brand X was featured on the TV show 60 Minutes tonight. The story focused on the amount of crimes that seem to happen in the towns that they tour through. All of the crime happens when there corps is on the field competing, so they use that as an alibi. A secret informant stated that they purposely state their membership number a few people short, so when they are on the field nobody suspects that some of the members are out in the community pulling off petty crimes. They know that most of the music store owners are at the drum corps shows and they like to rob their stores. It was quite the story.

Edited by argonaut

Brand X was featured on the TV show 60 Minutes tonight. The story focused on the amount of crimes that seem to happen in the towns that they tour through. All of the crime happens when there corps is on the field competing, so they use that as an alibi. A secret informant stated that they purposely state their membership number a few people short, so when they are on the field nobody suspects that some of the members are out in the community pulling off petty crimes. They know that most of the music store owners are at the drum corps shows and they like to rob their stores. I was quite the story.

NOT true, not true at all. The corps' management ran those same numbers and compared them to the same judging slates' appearances at other shows that did not include Brand X. The same crime spikes appeared in those cities as well. Better start doing some background checks on those judges' families.

Edited by Harvey