god bless the field liners?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scaffolding crew is worse.

During my time the field lining crew WAS the scaffolding crew. One time we dismantled 2 sections of scaffolding in about 10 seconds. We just took pieces apart, tossed them down, and jumped off before the section we were standing on was dismantled and tossed to the ground. How no one got hit by falling pieces I'll never know. I remember looking at everybody after we did it and saying, "Uh guys, let's never do this ever again."

Edited by Dash Fieldpaint

I always liked being on field lining crew. I'm a morning person so having a half hour to an hour of quiet time with just 6 other folks in the morning was always deluxe. Plus, once the crew gets all the kinks in the process worked out, you could usually be the first in line for breakfast!

My favorite field lining mornings were always when the staff decided to have us paint 3-4 fields! All on complete opposite sides of the school and even one at the park, down the road, across the street, through the trees and over the hills. You know, that one park next to the house that has the hounds of hell as pets. The ones that always looked like they were about to scale the 10' fence and destroy you and all your paint! Loved those mornings!

Also, painting an unusually large and obscure corps logo center X was always a hype. I believe the award for best one of these short-lived pieces of art goes to my buddy Dylan Thompson and his crew at SCV in the mid to late nineties.

Edited by Madrid

how about this:

field lining strips

I've heard that the Ravens band uses something like this so they dont mark up the parking lot, though I am not sure how well it would work with a competitive marching unit...seems like there would be a significant trip factor...

Also has anyone ever used some type of dry line...kinda like foul lines in baseball?

I would say that this would be a very good idea (saving money from buying paint all the time), but I would also caution the safety of marchers. Would something like this get tangled in feet? If used for things for soccar, it would seem that not to be the case.

But a very good idea I think none the less.

I hate field lining, and luckily I never had to do it in Junior Corps except once.

Bus loading is much better, even though it takes 15 minutes out of your dinner, anyone who messes with you that day gets their bags loaded in the center and yours is always the first of the bus.

During my time the field lining crew WAS the scaffolding crew. One time we dismantled 2 sections of scaffolding in about 10 seconds. We were just took pieces apart, tossed them down, and jumped off before the section we were standing on was dismantled and tossed to the ground. How no one got hit by falling pieces I'll never know. I remember looking at everybody after we did it and saying, "Uh guys, let's never do this ever again."

I laughed so hard

I loved lining the football field in marching band. I was able to get my tuba out there early and be ready for rehearsal. Go marching band!

See above.

Edited by Notorious T-U-B-A

Food truck crew is pretty bad . When you get off the bus you just want to get you junk and pass out on the floor , but then you have to set up the truck , you feel like your just going to fall over. we got good. out field lining crew got pretty good by the end. i know our tech said there was a few ways to line a field.

I loved lining the football field in marching band. I was able to get my tuba out there early and be ready for rehearsal. Go marching band!

broken_record.jpg

Yawn.

My favorite field lining mornings were always when the staff decided to have us paint 3-4 fields!

In '07 I'm pretty sure the field lining crew had to paint at least three fields at every housing site, with at least one having four-step ticks on every yard line.

Edited by TSRTS13