god bless the field liners?

I was on the cone procurement squad. :satisfied: We had hard hats and reflective vests and everything.

I liked the ones from night road construction with the lights in them. Easier to see at night rehearsals if lighting was poor.

On our way to the stadium at DCI Canada in 81, we realized we'd left about 10 cones on the rehearsal field at the school, but we really didn't miss them. I hope another corps got good use out of them.

Of course, this was when you could mark a field with cones and no yard lines or (shudder) HASH MARKS.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four. Hamburgers. Gah. Unbelievable.

During my time the field lining crew WAS the scaffolding crew. One time we dismantled 2 sections of scaffolding in about 10 seconds. We just took pieces apart, tossed them down, and jumped off before the section we were standing on was dismantled and tossed to the ground. How no one got hit by falling pieces I'll never know. I remember looking at everybody after we did it and saying, "Uh guys, let's never do this ever again."

:doh: :doh: :doh::satisfied::beer::santa::beer::ph34r::santa::omg:

YIKES. (Don't throw pieces down... they get bent)

also... putting the scaffolding up on fields that never get used (and painting fields that never get used) makes people unhappy.

I hate field lining. The only tour job I've ever had. I remember in 2004 when we were told to line 3 fields and it was our first time lining a field together. we lined 3 different fields 3 different ways trying to figure out which was best, and we ultimately decided on the 3-4-5 as it was the fastest for us. But, it took us a while that first time, and man did the staff get ###### at us. haha. oh well. i still hate field lining even though I'm not marching.

I loved being on field lining crew. I am not really sure why but I just liked it. I guess it is because I was good friends with all of the guys on the crew and the same crew stayed pretty much in tact for multiple seasons. We also tried to make a game of how fast we could paint a field while making fun of each other as much as possible.

As much as I liked painting field nothing angered me more than painting fields that were not used (which was nearly every place we stayed at).

In Southwind, the staff lines the field. Kind of sucks most mornings, but it gives the kids an extra half-hour- 45 minutes to sleep and eat breakfast. It's all about the kids, folks. They need the rest and relaxation more than the staff does.

In Southwind, the staff lines the field. Kind of sucks most mornings, but it gives the kids an extra half-hour- 45 minutes to sleep and eat breakfast. It's all about the kids, folks. They need the rest and relaxation more than the staff does.

What? It is about the kids?

JK

I totally agree. When I marched I don't think the staff was finished partying yet when we were up and lining the field.

hmmm. . .

that's not a bad idea *wink* *wink*, *cough* *cough*. . .then again i wouldn't trade field lining for anything (except now that i think of it, maybe sleep?!?). . .

On our home field our main guy Andy makes it easy buy burning the lines into the field with Round-up. Just go over the dead spots with paint, and your good to go!

Traveling is more of a pain, they have a set of ropes to measure stuff off.