Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle Corps

VKSEC

:devil:

that sounds great! can't wait!

and i want to add that you have one heck of an organization.

While doing some online recruiting, I inadvertently sent an En Garde invitation to the director of VK (D'OH!). Did I get a scathing response back? Was the 'opportunity' to write a territorial and impolite retort taken?

... no, I got a thoughtful, considerate and warm note back saying 'thank you' for the invitation, 'best of luck', and high praises for forming a DCA corps in the San Fernando Valley... then almost as an afterthought, a post-script saying that they would be too busy as the director of VK to participate.

Two results occurred as a result -

One - a post script was added to my recruitment letter stating that no member of an existing drum corps was En Garde eligible

and

Two - 4 people who for one reason or another (to young or too far from Granada Hills) could not participate with us were sent directly to VK.

Hopefully, you'll see all 4 of them soon (as well as others in the future).

good things happen to good people.

Velvet Knights are already winners in my eyes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to make a formal request that the Velvet Knights compete at the show in Sacramento on July 17. Just a selfish wish so I can get my yearly dose of VK awesomeness. Good luck to all with VK. Sounds like things are in good form.

Please play at my hometown show, pretty please with sugar and cherries and nuts and hot fudge and caramel and whipped topping and everything else that rots your teeth ... on top.

I'd like to make a formal request that the Velvet Knights compete at the show in Sacramento on July 17. Just a selfish wish so I can get my yearly dose of VK awesomeness. Good luck to all with VK. Sounds like things are in good form.

Please play at my hometown show, pretty please with sugar and cherries and nuts and hot fudge and caramel and whipped topping and everything else that rots your teeth ... on top.

hmmmmmmm.... :wub:

I think the fun thing here will be the speculation of what tunes they're actually playing by these people. Berlioz has to be March to the Scaffold, doesn't it? Michael Jackson? Smooth Criminal? I don't know. I can't wait to see the actual announcement of tunes.

I think the fun thing here will be the speculation of what tunes they're actually playing by these people. Berlioz has to be March to the Scaffold, doesn't it? Michael Jackson? Smooth Criminal? I don't know. I can't wait to see the actual announcement of tunes.

Well since its already been given away on other threads, the MJ chart is Thriller.

Go check out the VK MySpace, and you can see the corps learning the dance moves at the first camp.

http://www.myspace.com/vkyao

Keep up the speculations, you never know when you may give us a good idea!!!! :cool:

Edited by Thom

So is the name "The Velvet Knights" back in use? I was under the impression they were going by "VK" to avoid having to pay off the IRS debts the original group racked up. Did these guys make good with Uncle Sam or was the original post not an official press release? Just curious.

So is the name "The Velvet Knights" back in use? I was under the impression they were going by "VK" to avoid having to pay off the IRS debts the original group racked up. Did these guys make good with Uncle Sam or was the original post not an official press release? Just curious.

I'm having flashbacks

This has all been discussed before ad nauseum. Believe it or not, this question was answered over a year and a half ago. We are allowed to use the name "Velvet Knights". Perhaps any further clarification needed should be addressed to the administration of the Velvet Knights Youth Organization (www.vkyao.org) , so that we don't have to keep explaining and explaining and explaining and....well, you get my point. :tongue:

Edited by stylites

This has all been discussed before ad nauseum. Believe it or not, this question was answered over a year and a half ago. We are allowed to use the name "Velvet Knights". Perhaps any further clarification needed should be addressed to the administration of the Velvet Knights Youth Organization (www.vkyao.org) , so that we don't have to keep explaining and explaining and explaining and....well, you get my point. :guinesssmilie:

Thank you Clint......you know we will be happy to answer any and ALL questions about this subject.

MICKK3 - THANK YOU for your post........how are things going over there?

This sounds like a fantastic show already. I bet it will be a crowd favorite this season. Anyone know for sure if Velvet Knights are going to Indy for finals? I sure hope so, if finances are there for them to do so. If not, let us know, and I am sure we'll all send money to get you there!!!!