DRUMLINE ON TBS ON THE eAST cOAST1!1

Agreed...unfortunately, there are judges out there who shouldn't be judging. Oh well, it's just the way it is sometimes.

And I would like to see their opinions on DCI compared to their style.

Agreed...I scratch my head after some shows...after some YEARS even

Wouldnt it be fun if there was a major show where the AUDIENCE scored the corps instead of the judges?

I mean...if DCI is going to PAY people in green shirts to get it wrong...why not let the people who paid to get in the chance to get it wrong too? More fun for us at least :shutup:

What makes me mad about drumline is they didnt represent the BARITONES!!!!!

TONE LUV!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I think that there is more then enough room for all marching activities, I love the marching arts. cool!

It's the most annoying thing when you or someone says Drum Corps, and then the whole room goes, "WOW! Like the movie Drum Line?" Then you have to explain, in the most simplest way, that no I actually march Corps and what you see in the movie is Show Band style. There are so many ways that conversation can play out, and each way is annoying has hell if your trying to prove a difference.

I'm sure if the movie was about some "Actual Drum Corps" that all the "Historical Black Marching Bands" would be upset every time someone said, "WOW! Like the movie Drum Corps?" (I changed the name of the movie to help prove me point) then they would have to explain that, no they do Show Band and the movie was about Corps style.

I don't like the movie because I come from a different world, a different mind set. Also, the drumming does suck! I can do, and have done, everything in that movie... AND I'M A HORN PLAYER.

As for "Historical Black Marching Bands", they can't drum at the level that most Drum Corps can. No college band can, weather it's a Historical Black Marching Band in the south or some mostly white college band in Arizona.

But when I was in the theater, people thought that it was so cool! The movie wasn't really meant for people that new what drumming really is.

But what was worse, American Pie, Band Camp was on overnight.....ARRRGGHHHH