Ghost Riders

I had the opportunity to finally listen to the recording from that rehearsal last Friday and I will say that is something that I have NEVER heard at Ghost Riders.

Say what you want about Bb's, but I will take that sound anytime. It is quite good. Obviously, sight reading roughness was evident but overall the quality of sound, balance and tuning were very good as a starting point of reference.

Donny

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to say that after I listened to the rehearsel myself that this is definatly the best that Ghost has ever sounded. The book is good, this is going to be a good year overall....

Now about the music stands

It is totally different Scott...the lad doesn't mean any harm. The horns make it sound that way. And we are working on some different concepts of sound than we have in the past.

It is just a totally different sound that (even I) have never heard from the Ghost Riders. Doug has been trying to You Tube some portions of it for the puiblic to witness. I have made sure not to say that it is better (or worse) than any other GR years, because I know there were some really great moments in the past renditions of the Ghost Riders.

You are always a Ghost Rider, Scott, and certainly welcome at any time to come sit in, join or just check it out. That is my personal invite to you....bring your dad along.

Donny

:cool:

You should really listen to GR recordings from years past before making a statement like this

That is my fault my lack of English skills...

I meant the to say since I've been in that this will be a fine product and I got a little excited about that, sorry no harm meant

There are many good moments and such in the past as I have heard and keep listening to on some of the old recordings...

Sounds like GR will be pretty pumped this summer. Hope I can get up to the CanalFest to see y'all!

Looking forward to a new year!

Donny

DONNY, I was sooo tired we didnt connect in ROCH...(fatigue)

Seeing you conduct your son in Ghost Riders was great!

I hope U guys do well in 2008

Mike

After a very successful first "Open House" Ghost is at it again...

The Ghost Riders have a practice and "Open House”.............. This Friday, January 18th @ 7:30 pm at the VA complex in Batavia NY.

Please visit The Rochester Crusaders' Web Site and click on Ghost Riders for more info and directions. If you would like to sit in on this rehearsal, please contact one of the Co-Directors (we need to make sure we have enough horns)…..or bring your own horn (we are on Bbs).

Stop by to check us out. You'll love the arrangements that Donny Allen has written for Ghost '08.

http://www.rochestercrusaders.org/

Rod Keppel rkeppel1@rochester.rr.com

Doug Mellenthine mellodoug1@aol.com

Co-Directors

Ghost Riders '08

After a very successful first "Open House" Ghost is at it again...

The Ghost Riders have a practice and "Open House”.............. This Friday, January 18th @ 7:30 pm at the VA complex in Batavia NY.

Please visit The Rochester Crusaders' Web Site and click on Ghost Riders for more info and directions. If you would like to sit in on this rehearsal, please contact one of the Co-Directors (we need to make sure we have enough horns)…..or bring your own horn (we are on Bbs).

Stop by to check us out. You'll love the arrangements that Donny Allen has written for Ghost '08.

http://www.rochestercrusaders.org/

Rod Keppel rkeppel1@rochester.rr.com

Doug Mellenthine mellodoug1@aol.com

Co-Directors

Ghost Riders '08

Tomorrow...............Stop by.......... Sit in .....................have fun...................Why not?

Will there be a marching block?