1965 Rhythm In Motion

Little before my time but I recognized some of the corps names, did a quick google on "Cadets LaSalle", "Magnificent Yankees", "Appalachian Grenadiers", "Kingston Indians", "Les Senoritas", "Frankfort Starlighters", "Irondequoit Statesmen". Some searches brought me back to DCP Historical Junior Corps Discussions. The history from this forum is valuable and appreciated and I'm learning drum corps history. As a Canadian, Cadets LaSalle have a web site. Also, the program has a photo of Les Senoritas of which 2 appear to be wearing shorts. Thanks for sharing, NanciD.

Edit ... and there are hockey players in the program.

Edited by lindap

Thanks for posting that program! I didn't get my start in the upstate NY area drum corps until the early '70's but I still recognize some of the names there, such as Joe Wormworth.

Incidentally, I played in a Men's hockey league in Clinton in the '70's. I'm not surprised to see that picture in the program, they were a very talented team in the '60's.

Thanks for posting that program! I didn't get my start in the upstate NY area drum corps until the early '70's but I still recognize some of the names there, such as Joe Wormworth.

Incidentally, I played in a Men's hockey league in Clinton in the '70's. I'm not surprised to see that picture in the program, they were a very talented team in the '60's.

That team was awesome! We had season tkts. If there was or wasn't a brawl on the ice there *was* one in the seats! LOL One of my fav. players was Teddy. He was their goalie and he was slick! He wore a lillte knit cap and if the action was at the other end of the rink ... he just hopped up and sat on top of his cage swinging his legs. Oh the stories I could tell about that team. Great memories and fun!

That team was awesome! We had season tkts. If there was or wasn't a brawl on the ice there *was* one in the seats! LOL One of my fav. players was Teddy. He was their goalie and he was slick! He wore a lillte knit cap and if the action was at the other end of the rink ... he just hopped up and sat on top of his cage swinging his legs. Oh the stories I could tell about that team. Great memories and fun!

LOL. Great story. Heck, I like hockey. I live a block away from an arena. We, the community, built a new outdoor rink last summer. Note to myself, gotta check the ice. I've got respect and a :spitting: for hockey players. What does this have to do with drum corps? Rhythm in Motion.

BTW Nanci Here's Joe http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...10&start=10 Post #12

I gave away alot of my paintings as gifts, mostly goalies. If you send me a photo, I'll try and paint it for you.

Edited by lindap

Nanci, thanks for your preservation efforts. 1965 was the first year in which I saw a drum corps show (three actually-Shortsville, NY (Shamrocks show and the first time I ever saw the Appleknockers in competition), Phelps, NY my hometown (7th District AL Championships won by the Purple Lancers), Auburn, NY (won by Starlighters over Blue Rock). Obviously, I became hooked and this became a lifelong passion! It is nice to know that many others share my obsession.

LOL. Great story. Heck, I like hockey. I live a block away from an arena. We, the community, built a new outdoor rink last summer. Note to myself, gotta check the ice. I've got respect and a :w00t: for hockey players. What does this have to do with drum corps? Rhythm in Motion.

BTW Nanci Here's Joe http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...10&start=10 Post #12

I gave away alot of my paintings as gifts, mostly goalies. If you send me a photo, I'll try and paint it for you.

I have a million stories about the Clinton Comets! What a great time in my life!!

Anyway, WOW! You, my dear are very talented!!!

With all these boxes of Drum Corps stuff around... I don't dare venture to look for the Clinton Comets' boxes right now. This place is like a warehouse as it is...

I hope I can send you a good shot of him and a few others in the near future though...... I'd be honored if you'd paint them for me!! Holy cow! I wouldn't even know how to begin to thank you for such an endeavor!!

Nanci, thanks for your preservation efforts. 1965 was the first year in which I saw a drum corps show (three actually-Shortsville, NY (Shamrocks show and the first time I ever saw the Appleknockers in competition), Phelps, NY my hometown (7th District AL Championships won by the Purple Lancers), Auburn, NY (won by Starlighters over Blue Rock). Obviously, I became hooked and this became a lifelong passion! It is nice to know that many others share my obsession.

Oh! Boy! You are definitely NOT alone!!

(PS: Stay tuned... I've only just begun)

And I didn't even start from the beginning.

Edited by NanciD