So Much Emotion

i am just lazy when it comes to grammer if you really want to know/ its just my story if you dont like it leave it its not to you anyway, if you do there will be more. peace

If you are too lazy to write properly perhaps an unlazy activity like drum corps isn't for you?

Really, it takes very little effort to write like an adult.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am just lazy when it comes to grammer if you really want to know/ its just my story if you dont like it leave it its not to you anyway, if you do there will be more. peace

WTF? Can anyone else understand this?

Who is the story aimed at? I hope there is more, because you're entertaining if nothing else! :w00t:

WTF? Can anyone else understand this?

Who is the story aimed at? I hope there is more, because you're entertaining if nothing else! :w00t:

I can understand what he's writing quite fine actually. What I can't understand is why you would act like such a jerk to someone who is just trying to share some of their feelings about a drum corps that they obviously care about very much. It's time for you guys to quit beating a dead horse. So his grammar isn't great. If you try to understand it when you read it, it really isn't that difficult to do. If you don't feel like taking the time to try to understand it than you don't need to waste your time beating a dead horse with your rude remarks.

-Weedy

I can understand what he's writing quite fine actually. What I can't understand is why you would act like such a jerk to someone who is just trying to share some of their feelings about a drum corps that they obviously care about very much. It's time for you guys to quit beating a dead horse. So his grammar isn't great. If you try to understand it when you read it, it really isn't that difficult to do. If you don't feel like taking the time to try to understand it than you don't need to waste your time beating a dead horse with your rude remarks.

-Weedy

Oh...how to answer? How to answer? You see, a forum like this is a COMMUNICATION forum and the quality of anyone's thoughts or ideas are judged by the medium in which they are presented.

Simply put...you are what you present yourself to be. You have correct grammar and use care with your spelling and although you and I don't know each other, it reflects that you care that people accept your thoughts and ideas. In our society, like or not, this matters.

With your cohort, you may already know him. The two of you may have already met so you may have more of a basis of understanding.

What I perceive is that thirdcoast is rude (check out has post directed toward me earlier) and that he lacks the intelligence necessary to cogently construct his thoughts. Now, that may not be true, however language...written or spoken...is the medium and as I said before, the message IS the medium.

So, perhaps thirdcoast could send his messages to you first and then you could "tart" them up for the rest of us.

Thank you for listening.

Oh...how to answer? How to answer? You see, a forum like this is a COMMUNICATION forum and the quality of anyone's thoughts or ideas are judged by the medium in which they are presented.

Simply put...you are what you present yourself to be. You have correct grammar and use care with your spelling and although you and I don't know each other, it reflects that you care that people accept your thoughts and ideas. In our society, like or not, this matters.

With your cohort, you may already know him. The two of you may have already met so you may have more of a basis of understanding.

What I perceive is that thirdcoast is rude (check out has post directed toward me earlier) and that he lacks the intelligence necessary to cogently construct his thoughts. Now, that may not be true, however language...written or spoken...is the medium and as I said before, the message IS the medium.

So, perhaps thirdcoast could send his messages to you first and then you could "tart" them up for the rest of us.

Thank you for listening.

:w00t:

I was going to say pretty much the same thing but I was probably going to be a much bigger jerk about it. Simply put if you want to be treated like an intelligent human being then write like one.

Thank you for listening.

Mr. Brace, you already know that I think highly of your thoughts so you know that I'm not saying this in disrespect of you. I think that thirdcoast could do a much better job of his grammar, but I think that after one person pointed this out, it should have been left alone. I agree with a lot of what you said in your above post, but if somebody makes a thread I don't think it's right for every response to be about the grammar of the post. I think that if you don't have anything to add, than just leave it. To me 5 people saying the same thing that's almost hurtful like that is a rude thing to do... and to egg somebody on just for the sake of personal enjoyment in laughing at someone's ignorance is rude and childish and in a way kind of sick. This is a topic that could have turned into a nice friendly discussion about people's passionate feelings towards their corps and an interesting story thread about people's favorite memories from tour. Instead every single post that came in ended up being about grammar and it ruined a thread. This type of thing has been happening more and more and in many corps DCP's forums have become kind of a joke between members. It's a really sad thing that so many people that have stories to share get turned off from the forums because of responses like this.

-Weedy

Edited by weedyweidenthal

p.s- thirdcoast I sent you a PM about something you mentioned in the original post.

Mr. Brace, you already know that I think highly of your thoughts so you know that I'm not saying this in disrespect of you. I think that thirdcoast could do a much better job of his grammar, but I think that after one person pointed this out, it should have been left alone. I agree with a lot of what you said in your above post, but if somebody makes a thread I don't think it's right for every response to be about the grammar of the post. I think that if you don't have anything to add, than just leave it. To me 5 people saying the same thing that's almost hurtful like that is a rude thing to do... and to egg somebody on just for the sake of personal enjoyment in laughing at someone's ignorance is rude and childish and in a way kind of sick. This is a topic that could have turned into a nice friendly discussion about people's passionate feelings towards their corps and an interesting story thread about people's favorite memories from tour. Instead every single post that came in ended up being about grammar and it ruined a thread. This type of thing has been happening more and more and in many corps DCP's forums have become kind of a joke between members. It's a really sad thing that so many people that have stories to share get turned off from the forums because of responses like this.

-Weedy

I stand by what I wrote. By the way, Madison is not going back to soprano bugles are they? I noticed your signature.

I felt that way about my corps, the Blue Stars. I thought they had folded after 1980. Of course, we didn't have the internet then, so there was really no way for me to know they were back. I went to DCI in 80 and then never went to a DC show again.

My hubby got me tickets for a DC show about 10 years ago and I could bring myself to go. I missed the Stars too much...I would have cried thru the whole thing.

Imagine my thrill when I ran across a thread about the Blue Stars about 5 years ago and found they were still active and strong!

DC w/o my corps is still DC, but with something vital missing, so I certainly understand your position.

PS...I love the Scouts too!

and to egg somebody on just for the sake of personal enjoyment in laughing at someone's ignorance is rude and childish and in a way kind of sick.

The OP said that it was laziness, not ignorance.

This is a topic that could have turned into a nice friendly discussion about people's passionate feelings towards their corps and an interesting story thread about people's favorite memories from tour.

It could have been... if the OP had put a little effort into writing coherently.

Instead every single post that came in ended up being about grammar and it ruined a thread.

The lack of effort by the OP ruined the thread.

This type of thing has been happening more and more and in many corps DCP's forums have become kind of a joke between members.

As well it should be in my opinion, but that is neither here nor there.

It's a really sad thing that so many people that have stories to share get turned off from the forums because of responses like this.

-Weedy

What is really sad is that people that have stories to share don't feel like putting forth a little bit of effort to actually share them in a readable fashion.