• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"OH CRAP! SWITCH TO PLAN B, GUYS! DCP'S ON TO US!"

OH NO! :ph34r: RUN AWAY!!!

Crown is doing "fine" as in endings.

did crown want this to be released? i havent read anything about it anywhere else...

rumor has it that Madison's show is gonna be a medley of Battle Hymn of the Republic, Macarthur Park, and Yankee Doodle

There is no point hiding it anymore... the show has been leaked. I can't wait to perform "Variations on a Theme by Prince"

-Weedy

did crown want this to be released? i havent read anything about it anywhere else...

It's not even accurate anyway, and it's not announced.

Spirit just announced their 2008 program:

"pe-ri-4-ery"

No details yet.

that isn't a program, or a concept, or a show, heck, it isn't even a word. it's an attempt at a trendy pseudo-word, and it's pretty late in the replacing syllables with numbers or symbols game to be considered trendy anymore. what is wrong with corps directors anymore? why would any of them release something like this? if you are going to do a show announcement, do a show announcement, a real one, containing real information, not some ridiculous pronouncement like this. now, don't get me wrong, i have tremendous respect for ken bodiford. i think he is hands down the best college band director in america, and i love that he is running a drum corps right from his campus band office. but seriously, i just want to drive up to jacksonville and smack him when i see something like this. i know nostalgia people get really irritating with all of the "back in the old days" stuff, but seriously, what in god's name was wrong with announcing your show with a title, a list of songs and composers, and a short explanation of your concept? what in the world could any of them think they have to gain by staging a fake announcement with some weird, oblique, indecipherable title and nothing more? i mean, outside of irritating at lest half the people who see the publicly announced non-announcement?

that isn't a program, or a concept, or a show, heck, it isn't even a word. it's an attempt at a trendy pseudo-word, and it's pretty late in the replacing syllables with numbers or symbols game to be considered trendy anymore. what is wrong with corps directors anymore? why would any of them release something like this? if you are going to do a show announcement, do a show announcement, a real one, containing real information, not some ridiculous pronouncement like this. now, don't get me wrong, i have tremendous respect for ken bodiford. i think he is hands down the best college band director in america, and i love that he is running a drum corps right from his campus band office. but seriously, i just want to drive up to jacksonville and smack him when i see something like this. i know nostalgia people get really irritating with all of the "back in the old days" stuff, but seriously, what in god's name was wrong with announcing your show with a title, a list of songs and composers, and a short explanation of your concept? what in the world could any of them think they have to gain by staging a fake announcement with some weird, oblique, indecipherable title and nothing more? i mean, outside of irritating at lest half the people who see the publicly announced non-announcement?

congratulations.

there are probably like 3 people on this board who care.

~>conner

Mr Bodiford isn't the director anymore.