Whats your favorite alltime DCI year?

The general outcome of polls like this is that they make me realize how much I love drum corps and that there is only varying degrees of greatness from year to year and never a “bad” year in drum corps. I go through the mental gyrations of reducing my favorite years down to only one and just when I believe I picked my favorite, I think of another year that I seem to like just as much as the initial selection.

If I had to pick, I’d have to go with 1993 because it gave us some incredible performances and two of my all time favorite shows (Cadets and Star). However, I also have to give props to 1992, 2000, and 1996 (which I am sensing is a rather unconventional choice).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed 1996. If it wasn't for a VHS from that year, I wouldn't have ever learned about drum corps. :wub:

I"m going to vote 1980 for two reasons. I had the privilege of marching in a finalist corps that year to end my years. Plus there were three of us who all started with a small local corps who aged out that night in three different finalist corps.

My 3 favorite years are still 1980, 1992, and 2004, and I think that I like them in that order (at least for today).

Bottom line, another vote for 1980!

Mine persoanlly is 2007, there isn't a show I don't love to watch. I can't think of another year where I can stand watching 1st through 21st without not liking a show.

I'd love to hear inputs on favorite years and why those are your favorite years.

My favorite DCI year is 1986. The corps may not have been as technically tight as they are today, but there was so much variety, wide range of styles and great music from those 12 corps. Not to mention it includes my favorite DCI show of all......the 1986 Blue Devils.

When looking at the responses so far it is obvious that I am almost alone in my choice. I doubt I will every see a 1986 corps in the DCI Countdown List :wub::wub:

Oh....BTW....I have my original VHS tape of the 1986 PBS broadcast......and play parts of it a couple of times a month. Its been played a million times........

Edited by Triple Forte

1992 - the first year I saw drum corp for the very first time and I got hooked.

1994 - Blue Devils with "My Spanish Heart" became one of my favorite shows.

1996 - Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment tied for first place.

2000 - another tie at the top with Cadets and Cavaliers. There were some other shows that were awesome like SCV

and Boston Crusaders.

2003 - Lots of shows that year were just flat out awesome. This was the year I started liking Carolina Crown.

1974 of course

Never saw the shows, but in your face brass and excitement from every corps....

1993 - from 1st to 12th...I think it was the best overall year. 2nd place would be 04

1980 was indeed a very good year for drum corps.

1882 was also a very good year.