Tenor player with monster chops needed.

Quick update -- We got another tenor player, so the Renegades 2008 drum line now stands at 8 snares, 3 quads, 6 bass and 5 cymbals.

We are still looking for one more quad player to complete the line, and a pit player or two. Another snare drummer with monster chops might find his or her way into the 2008 line to be snare #9, but the door is closing soon.

6? Thats cool.

When was the last time there was 6 man line in DCA/DCI? I haven't seen one is awhile. Best of luck.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6? Thats cool.

When was the last time there was 6 man line in DCA/DCI? I haven't seen one is awhile. Best of luck.

1999, Chops, Inc. gathering for pre-show hype before their first field show ever:

chopsstart2.jpg

Count the six bass drums lined up and waiting.

I'll try and find a pic of the 7-man line from 2000 for you...

There is a disturbance in the force. I sense the possible imminent arrival of snare drummers #9 and #10.

Quad player #4 ... are you out there?

Lee,

The 2008 Drum Line sounds like it will be rocking. Is the Horn line its typical self: Large, Powerful, and EVIL :smile: . I wish I lived on the west coast to Play in that Hornline but I guess I will have to continue to be a Rent-A-Gade for DCA Prelims and Finals. At least I make the field with the 'Gades :doh:

Lee,

The 2008 Drum Line sounds like it will be rocking. Is the Horn line its typical self: Large, Powerful, and EVIL :wub: . I wish I lived on the west coast to Play in that Hornline but I guess I will have to continue to be a Rent-A-Gade for DCA Prelims and Finals. At least I make the field with the 'Gades :doh:

Dude.

I was loading the pit equipment Sunday and I heard the corps playing the opener from the field they were on that day and I thought, "oh, they're ensembling - I'll sneak over and take a direct hit listen".

They weren't ensembling.

They were playing AND marching the opener.

:smile::wub::wub:

6? Thats cool.

I think we (Renegades) had 7 bass drums in 2002, if my memory serves me correctly. I am surprised to hear that there haven't been a lot of 6-person bass drum lines ... one of my biggest memories of 2007 DCA is seeing how huge all of the drum lines looked ... which I thought was really cool.

Now, we get to play that game too. :smile:

Lee,

The 2008 Drum Line sounds like it will be rocking. Is the Horn line its typical self: Large, Powerful, and EVIL :smile: . I wish I lived on the west coast to Play in that Hornline but I guess I will have to continue to be a Rent-A-Gade for DCA Prelims and Finals. At least I make the field with the 'Gades :doh:

The corps is very strong this year, Joe.

You will be very happy to be a part of it again ... and we will be very happy to have you in the mix again. :wub:

Dude.

I was loading the pit equipment Sunday and I heard the corps playing the opener from the field they were on that day and I thought, "oh, they're ensembling - I'll sneak over and take a direct hit listen".

They weren't ensembling.

They were playing AND marching the opener.

:smile::doh::wub:

It was really fun to start marching and playing. I know I was hypeing big time. I am really looking forward to picking up that #4 or #5 tenor to add to the 8+ snares and 6 basses... but really important is we find a couple more pit (which I am making a point to contact). This is probably going to be the most exciting drum corps summer I have had (rivaling junior corps days).

The corps is very strong this year, Joe.

You will be very happy to be a part of it again ... and we will be very happy to have you in the mix again. :smile:

I can't wait.

Joe

6? Thats cool.

Spirit's had a 6 man/woman line a couple years (05 and 07)

Spirit's had a 6 man/woman line a couple years (05 and 07)

Hmm. Didn't know that. Don't think I had a chance to see them those years/ Which is probably why I don't recall them. I just thought the 6 man...person bass line went the way of the Dodo.