Is it just me

Is it just me or are other people really skeptical of the way finals tickets are being sold this year? You have to order and pay before you even get to see where you are going to sit. I think I am going to buy my tix from the guy :tongue: that is at every big show and usually has 50 yard line tix at face value. Wouldn't it be more prudent to wait untill you know where you are sitting? From the looks of the stadium, a high priced ticket could get you from the 20 to the 50, and from the front row at field level to the top of the second deck. That is a big difference. Is it just me? :guinesssmilie:

I think it is different if you called them. You might try pulling up the Lucas Oil Stadium seating chart, and then call. Tell them the seats you want in what section.

I have found that calling always works better. They don't usually want to lose a sale. If you sound disappointed, they may look harder. The computer (online) has certain seats allocated. I find this true with airlines. Call and say you want a window seat and somehow there is one available when the computer says none are available.

People know you can buy tickets on eBay, from hawkers, even even scalpers if disappointed. Worse, just not go at all (that is the impression you want to give, "I don't think I will go if I have to sit THERE").

Our local show, that is always true. If you call you will get better seats. I always find this amusing. People have caught on. They buy 30 yard-line seats, knowing good seats will not be sold because they want to sell the "marginal seats" first. If the show is not sold out, after the first corps, they up and move to the expensive seats and paid for seats that were 40% less costly. You would think they would (the promoters) catch on. But I know the guy personally who wrote the database program and I doubt it will be changed. I buy expensive seats and it never fails that people after the first corps, who are not real fans, who will talk and talk on their cell phone while a corps is on the field performing sits right next to me. It would not bother me that much if real drum corps fans would move -- after all, it is the promoters fault for not thinking. But that never seems to be the case.

I spend more money on more expensive seats to sit around better people. Works at most shows except our local one. Now, with our extensive medical bills for last year, I doubt buying expensive seats will be within my budget for 2008. :tongue:

Ugh. :guinesssmilie:

Jim

Is it just me or are other people really skeptical of the way finals tickets are being sold this year? You have to order and pay before you even get to see where you are going to sit.

Perhaps it is just you...

OR...

Perhaps it is that the stadium is in the process of being built - so - they can't tell you your exact seats because the seats don't exist yet.

I think that might help explain why this year is being sold differently than previous years - its a new stadium. I bet we're all back to normal for next year.

Perhaps it is that the stadium is in the process of being built - so - they can't tell you your exact seats because the seats don't exist yet.

The seats exist. Just because they aren't physically installed yet, the people building the stadium know exactly how many seats there are going to be and where they will go. Believe me, every nut, bolt, screw, and rivet is shown in the drawings...seats are a pretty big detail for the designers to say "well, let's see where we can put them all once the concrete is set".

They (not sure if it's DCI or Lucas Oil) should be able to do a better job in giving you the seats you want online.

The seats exist. Just because they aren't physically installed yet, the people building the stadium know exactly how many seats there are going to be and where they will go. Believe me, every nut, bolt, screw, and rivet is shown in the drawings...seats are a pretty big detail for the designers to say "well, let's see where we can put them all once the concrete is set".

They (not sure if it's DCI or Lucas Oil) should be able to do a better job in giving you the seats you want online.

Just because the construction people have the seat locations on their blueprints - and some of the seats may even be installed - doesn't mean that the stadium ticket people have a finalized seating plan for each individual section set up in their computer in order to give that plan to DCI so that DCI can have seat locations and seat numbers to sell individual tickets to the general public.

(How's that for a run-on sentence?)

After my Pasadena experience of getting "Super Premium" seats on the 30 yard line, I was flabbergasted to see that this year DCI will be happy to put me on the 10 for the price of a "Super Premium" package. No thanks!

I decided to buy from ebay, DCP or scalpers this year so that I can be sure of what I'm buying. If I'm gonna spend the $$, I at least want a decent seat for my troubles.

That's not the beef. The problem is a super premium seat for $125 appears to be anywhere from the 20 to the 20.