Mighty St. Joe's Classic XV

Sunday morning, see you at practice..............

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well...

We have to do we have do in this activity to get it at least "close" to what it should be. I am pretty sure we aint going to beat the Cadets, but that doesnt mean we can let it sound bad. Cleaning is about lining things up and playing correct rhythms and pitches. After hearing the MP3's of Harrisburg, I guess it is time for my little "talk" with the lead sops about playing what is on the page, and not necessarily what is in theri minds. They will be fine.

Donny V.

Oh well...

We have to do we have do in this activity to get it at least "close" to what it should be. I am pretty sure we aint going to beat the Cadets, but that doesnt mean we can let it sound bad. Cleaning is about lining things up and playing correct rhythms and pitches. After hearing the MP3's of Harrisburg, I guess it is time for my little "talk" with the lead sops about playing what is on the page, and not necessarily what is in theri minds. They will be fine.

Donny V.

Good Luck with that Donny. You know how Lead Sops can be :smile: They all seem to be cut from the same mold :smile: (I used to be one so I know)

In all fairness, I am one that is also guilty, so I will take my mulligans from Harrisburg. I also played "proudly" with vibrato on a couple of occasions.

I have the willingness to admit that playing with vibrato is OK when you accept and embrace the fact that you have it. Denying that you play with vibrato is very NOT cool. Even if chicks dig you. Missed high notes are NOT cool either.

Donny Vibrato

Edited by donnymusic

There will definitely be a Curly Gangarosa sighting this weekend (from a different thread). Could be the last thing everyone gets to see before the party.

Good practice today. A few MSJers out of the woodwork.

We'll be the finally to a great show; CRU, Brigs, Light Brigade, Erie, GR, PTB, CADRE AND the Greece H.S. Band. Less than a week away and expecting great weather.......

I may even get a little golf in this week since Amy will be out of town for 3 days. We do that so that we can both get ready for the show... LOL

See ya at THE CLASSIC!

Edited by MSJ Snare

I have to admit, that was a pretty good Alumni corps rehearsal, with lots of positive energy from all sections. Great attitudes abounded throughout as we got the music tightened up and played the way we are supposed to.

I had my talk to the leads and they all said "yeah, we heard the tape from Harrisburg", and agreed to fix that." All except R.C., who wasnt there...LOL, he is on my short list if he shows up at the Classic. I dont know if he will be allowed though.

Donny

I have to admit, that was a pretty good Alumni corps rehearsal, with lots of positive energy from all sections. Great attitudes abounded throughout as we got the music tightened up and played the way we are supposed to.

I had my talk to the leads and they all said "yeah, we heard the tape from Harrisburg", and agreed to fix that." All except R.C., who wasnt there...LOL, he is on my short list if he shows up at the Classic. I dont know if he will be allowed though.

Donny

It's amazing how much a practice like that takes out of you. We finally got the drum solo synced and we'll be ready for the show.......

You "older" leads will just have to take R. under your wings and school him. He certainly can play, just needs to know when. Looks like he's off from his other duties next weekend so he should be around.............

Ready Eddie??????????

Edited by MSJ Snare

In years past they have put the recordings of MSJ from the classic up on the website. Does anyone know if that will be available this year? Seeings as I can't make it this year it would be great for me to hear the corps even if it's not live.

Thanks!

In years past they have put the recordings of MSJ from the classic up on the website. Does anyone know if that will be available this year? Seeings as I can't make it this year it would be great for me to hear the corps even if it's not live.

Thanks!

The only one that I know of that might be there after the Classic will be MSJ.

The only one that I know of that might be there after the Classic will be MSJ.

Well thats what I meant, because like Moose, Corps is both singular and plural.

Would be great to hear recordings of MSJ if possible. :smile: