RIP, drum corps I knew

so sales were down in 2006. OK...what does that have to say about 2007? Now? Tomorrow?

Oh, I get your point. You didn't believe that Dan Acheson could get in a bad mood. Ah, got it. Thanks.

Stop playing stupid. You aren't proving anything.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I honestly think that the comment was that sales were down from 2006 to 2007. Sales were higher in 2006. That's all. I really don't think that Adam did the "fixed" thing out of malice or spite.

And sorry, flawed logic on your comment on attendance going up in 2007. Did the total number of spectators rise? Yes. However, I would think that you have to look at average attendance, b/c there were more "regionals" in 2007. For an accurate comparison, I would think that you would have to compare attendance at the same regionals each year.

Although I honestly do see your point, that the overall number increased. And perhaps, if the extra regionals were just regular shows in 2006, you could also use those in the calculations to see where we are.

Just sayin... honestly not trying to be an ###.

talk about twisting things.

DCI grew total regional attendance form 2006 to 2007. It was miniscule growth, but it was growth. They also added 3 regional events for people to go to.

They had four more events - 15 vs. 11 (check my math if you must). Now, you tell me if the costs involved in staging four additional events vs. the revenue of 3,000 additional ticket sales sounds like a success.

And in your view, this is a bad thing. Only you...in your DCI bashing room. And I know you have one. With a George Hopkins bobblehead doll and a big lifesized cutout of Dan Acheson on one wall.

Talk about twisting things - you have just become the Chubby Checker of DCP. Can no one express concern about DCI's direction without you labeling them a "basher"?

We are told countless times that DCI will not re-evaluate their current course as long as attendance stays strong. Well, guess what? Attendance trends have changed. Shouldn't DCI at least look into why?

OK - a lot of differing interpretations and I'm gettind muddled. Can someone please just post the raw numbers?

can buy the idea of amping the pit to be able to hear them over the hornline/battery, and to introduce new sounds previously impossible (BD 04, for example)

I added the bold to the above post, because this is a big reason I like the idea of amped pit instruments.... that "train entering the station" effect that the Blue Devils used in '04 was the pulse of that entire show, IMO. I thought it was quite effective.

Fran

There's only one microphone that's a problem at DCA now. :wub: You want to add to that?!?!? :tongue:

Garry in Vegas

:devil::devil::shutup:

Fran

Also, you could cover a lot of "stuff"...and avoid tenths...by using the "wear and tear" argument.

Yep... that worked a few times..... as well as the "weather caused the problem" argument.

One of the Wildwood shows, we were spared a few inspection ticks because our director argued (successfully) that the spots on some of our horns were caused by the rain that had fallen not too long before the show began. Whether that was actually the case, well..... I'm not tellin.' :shutup:

Fran

You are really good at looking at old DCI news. Thanks...a great resource for this forum. Now...find the DCI News report showing the viewership in 2006 and then the one that showing the viewership in 2007.

My point...will be made. Viewership plummeted. It's our fault. We didn't watch it. If we watch in any great degree...it might still be on the air. Bad us.

OK I'm not taking the wrap for that one. That broadcast was not intended for this crowd. It was more like an infomercial to recruit new kids it seemed. At least that is what I and evidentally a buttload of other folks got out of it from the first year. Hence I didn't bother in year two. But I did buy the DVD's so I could see the full shows. I figured that was a better deal for DCI and myself anyway.

They had four more events - 15 vs. 11 (check my math if you must). Now, you tell me if the costs involved in staging four additional events vs. the revenue of 3,000 additional ticket sales sounds like a success.

Talk about twisting things - you have just become the Chubby Checker of DCP. Can no one express concern about DCI's direction without you labeling them a "basher"?

We are told countless times that DCI will not re-evaluate their current course as long as attendance stays strong. Well, guess what? Attendance trends have changed. Shouldn't DCI at least look into why?

But I LOVE Chubby Checker!

What an honor.

Thanks!