Frankly

Kusan, Tom forgot his "smiley" at the end.

I reacted similarly to you for a minute, until I read a little more closely. There is a "Back of the Bus" thread elsewhere, asking people to post stories, you know, the kind with "names changed to protect the innocent", nudge nudge wink wink.

This "pure" means "innocent".

OK, back to your regularly schedule rants. Thank you.

Thanks for the help. I'm smiley impaired.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kusan, Tom forgot his "smiley" at the end.

I reacted similarly to you for a minute, until I read a little more closely. There is a "Back of the Bus" thread elsewhere, asking people to post stories, you know, the kind with "names changed to protect the innocent", nudge nudge wink wink.

This "pure" means "innocent".

OK, back to your regularly schedule rants. Thank you.

OK - thanks - sorry Tom - I wasn't up on all the threads going on here.

If the pure brass/percussion sound/experience is not important to you then it's not a big deal. If it is important to you, then it is a big deal.

What we have here is people who don't find it important, not really caring about the people who do, changing it, and then being surprised/annoyed/amused by the reaction. It's been said a million times and shouldn't have to be said again, but the wishes of the "purists" are chronically subordinated to the whims of the gadget crowd, and what the purists lose is lost forever. Yes, they get upset.

As an analogy, I'll eat just about anything, but if you put mayonnaise on any of my son's food, it becomes inedible to him. Mayonnaise is not a big deal for me (I think it spices things up), but it's a very big deal for him, and he'd probably throw a fit like you see on DCP if somebody made him eat it because as far as he's concerned, his food's ruined.

For the analogy purists, I don't care. :grouphug:

How fitting that you use the example of a young child. Wow, I can't think of a better analogy, people who whine about amps and electronics sound like little 6 year olds. Wow, that was a brilliant revalation.

Edited by BX5CM

How fitting that you use the example of a young child. Wow, I can't think of a better analogy, people who whine about amps and electronics sound like little 6 year olds. Wow, that was a brilliant revalation.

I always love it when people jump in with nothing more substantial than insults to add....

Hey Box 1, why don't you spend some time on your website. First, get a copy of Firefox, and see how "Box 5" your site is with 25%+ of your visitors.

Once you get that taken care of, come back here with some substance. If you want to defend electricity as a part of drum corps, feel free, but leave the "neener neeners" out.