Drum Corps Trivia

Best set of "fainters" IMO in the 60's were the Dumont Police Cadets ... man could they go down ... and hard ... there were some legit fainters though ... like Jobma O'Conner from St. Vinnie's, Archie and then the NY Skyliners ... his fainiting was no trick ... and his roll over the bass drum scenarios weren't staged ... he knew the ambulace attendants at the Dream by name ... LOL ...

:-)

Hank Brunet was another for-real fainter...

One of the corps Moms was always waiting at the end zone with smelling salts and Maalox...

:thumbup:

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While that is true...I only used the one line he was famous for...and now that I think I know who YOU are, I will make that into a trivia question.

What were the words that Reggie Leonti used to describe bad tone in the higher ranges?

"Pinching in the higher tessiatura"

Who was the NYS judge music judge that wore hearing aids while judging brass?

Nels Oldberg-Lakewood, NY

Who was the M&M instructor/judge from Dunkirk, NY area that was with the Interstate Ambassadors?

A. Victor Jonus-still alive and kicking/formally with Garbarina and Brockport /Batavia

Have at it...

Now one for you.........

Which NYS M&M Judge pooped his pants on the field judging a band show in Syracuse?

He had to be at leat 8 feet tall with that head dress and feather combo, complete with war paint.

So answer the trivia questions...

The person dressed in Indian head dress and costume was not the Drum Major, but the Corps Mascot. His name Sam Bartholomu.

Nice Job Steve.

I dont know who pooped his pants but can you imagine if it was Peashey?

TOM?????was it you?

Donny

Best set of "fainters" IMO in the 60's were the Dumont Police Cadets ... man could they go down ... and hard ... there were some legit fainters though ... like Jobma O'Conner from St. Vinnie's, Archie and then the NY Skyliners ... his fainiting was no trick ... and his roll over the bass drum scenarios weren't staged ... he knew the ambulace attendants at the Dream by name ... LOL ...

The Dream always seemed to be the hottest Sunday in August. I remember wearing those heavy Skyliner uniforms and thinking, " this is too f-in hot ". After drinking from the buckett it felt a little better, but standing on the starting line waiting to start was brutal. Funny thing though, once the gun went off you weren't hot anylonger until you marched over the finish line. I guess that's when you realized it was almost over and started gasping for air and your heart beat was off the charts.

Sometime you forget how the practicing, 2 or 3 times a week, run throughs 20 or 30 times, helped to get you in shape. I think that's how we all made it through those years.

Now I get tired just typing this. Time to take a nap.

Edited by dukecornwell

BTW Mr. Leonti was famous for "pinching in the UPPER tesitura" not the higher tesitura.

Donny

Joe!!!!! Joe!!!!! I'll not show you either my upper or lower tesiturae......so ya can't pinch 'em.

Joebaloney

BTW Mr. Leonti was famous for "pinching in the UPPER tesitura" not the higher tesitura.

Donny

I'm shocked. Are you saying that there were people faking the faints?

My junior corps was known for not having anybody faint. Ever.

At lest that's what they told me.

Nice Job Steve.

I dont know who pooped his pants but can you imagine if it was Peashey?

TOM?????was it you?

Donny

No it wasn't Tom Peashey,,,,,,,,,

Did someone guess Jimmy Allen?