Drum Corps Trivia

I agree... what's next?

Though there might have been more contests for the Chicago Royal Airs in 1965, the one's listed on Corps Reps show only three corps beating them that particular season. Troopers and Cavaliers were two of them. Without going to CR"s, who was that third corps in 1965 to best one of the greatest corps of all time?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say Des Plaines Vanguard.

But it just could be Blessed Sacrament since gksun started it....

I was going to say Des Plaines Vanguard.

But it just could be Blessed Sacrament since gksun started it....

Not BS ... they only met RA at Nats in 65 and were beaten handily ... I was going to say the Kilties but, you may be right with Skokie ... RA actually stumbled out of the blocks in 65 (May/Jun) and then came on like gangbusters in July ... bombed Boston at the CYO ... ran away with the VFW in Chicago and hit the trifecta with a win over Garfield in Portland ath the AL ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Not BS ... they only met RA at Nats in 65 and were beaten handily ... I was going to say the Kilties but, you may be right with Skokie ... RA actually stumbled out of the blocks in 65 (May/Jun) and then came on like gangbusters in July ... bombed Boston at the CYO ... ran away with the VFW in Chicago and hit the trifecta with a win over Garfield in Portland ath the AL ...

:-)

A third place finish in late May of 65 saw the Royal Airs behind the Cavaliers and Skokie Vanguard. In early July that same year, the corps took their only other loss behind the Casper Troopers.

I saw them in late May of 1965 in Chicago, and they topped the Cavaliers and the Kilties to win the three horse race.

All you could say that night was WOW!

OK so I won. I get to pick the next question...I was going to ask who was the only NYS state corps to ever make DCI finals, but that may be too easy.

Name three corps that the Auburn Purple Lancers beat (in prelims) in Ithaca NY DCI 1974 that have gone on to win DCI numerous times. Auburn finished 9th in prelims and switched to 10th when passed by one of these corps in finals. Bonus for that answer as well.

No corpsreps please.

Donny

OK so I won. I get to pick the next question...I was going to ask who was the only NYS state corps to ever make DCI finals, but that may be too easy.

Name three corps that the Auburn Purple Lancers beat (in prelims) in Ithaca NY DCI 1974 that have gone on to win DCI numerous times. Auburn finished 9th in prelims and switched to 10th when passed by one of these corps in finals. Bonus for that answer as well.

No corpsreps please.

Donny

Cadets are one, I'm pretty sure. They missed Finals in '74.

Fran

No corpsreps please.

Donny

Chicago Cavaliers & Phantom Regiment

Chicago Cavaliers & Phantom Regiment

If the criteria is winning DCI numerous times, I'd had to guess Blue Devils instead of Phantom.

Fran