They're still good, right?

One person's back pedal could be another's gain in perspective or knowledge.

Marty - both of your posts so far in this thread are timely, and I thank you for them.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed in the last few days his approach being different than many in the "legacy" group.

Hmmmm. I've been pigeon holed, eh?

I just don't see the argument against any changes or even the future of the activity all that important and certainly not important enough to impinge on a current marcher's opportunity to participate.

I love old style drum and bugle corps. It was wonderful, but totally different that what is today or even the past 30 years.

I personally think the current and proposed changes could completely end the percussion and brass aspect of the drum corps world and forever remove that option for future youth. I've put forth my personal views and objections to all that sort of stuff, but who cares?

I only watched DCI on tv. I thought the tv show sucked, corps good, but I wasn't even as bothered by Cadets narration as I thought I would be. Someone told me if I had seen their whole show I would have hated it. Maybe.

To me, this is more like watching your parents argue about something that doesn't really matter that much. Ya kinda wish they would just stop.

Is that back pedalling? What ever.

I want the kids in DCI, all divisions and the marchers in DCA to have as wonderful an experience as I had in my day.

Edited by Martybucs

Hmmmm. I've been pigeon holed, eh?

I just don't see the argument against any changes or even the future of the activity all that important and certainly not important enough to impinge on a current marcher's opportunity to participate.

I love old style drum and bugle corps. It was wonderful, but totally different that what is today or even the past 30 years.

I personally think the current and proposed changes could completely end the percussion and brass aspect of the drum corps world and forever remove that option for future youth. I've put forth my personal views and objections to all that sort of stuff, but who cares?

I only watched DCI on tv. I thought the tv show sucked, but I wasn't even as bothered by Cadets narration as I thought I would be. Someone told me if I had seen their whole show I would have hated it. Maybe.

To me, this is more like watching your parents argue about something that doesn't really matter that much. Ya kinda wish they would just stop.

Is that back pedalling? What ever.

I want the kids in DCI, all divisions and the marchers in DCA to have as wonderful an experience as I had in my day.

Oh no. My post was in support of your attitude. Sorry I gave a different impression.

Just one other thing to the marchers of today.

You would've enjoyed drum corps in the 60s and 70s. It might not have been much to look at compared to today, but it was a very powerful experience to march.

We didn't march 160 bpm, but we still blew the stands down with everything we had and the crowds loved it and so did we.

Same as today. That hasn't changed.

You would've enjoyed drum corps in the 60s and 70s. It might not have been much to look at compared to today, but it was a very powerful experience to march.

We didn't march 160 bpm, but we still blew the stands down with everything we had and the crowds loved it and so did we.

:shutup::tongue:wav.gifwav.gif

My sentiments exactly !

bravo :shutup: thank you for reminding all of us about what it really means.

Nah, I think I'm the pigeon that got away!
Stop that pigeon!

http://stopthatpigeon.ytmnd.com/

wanna talk about showing your age?

article_186.jpg

Edited by BeinGreen