Predictions for Open Class Finals

Hi People, about Beatrix, the corps will participate this summer at the Open Class competion as an International Corps and wil appear in Michigan City. BUT, if Beatrix want's come to Indi to the semi-finals they have to score into the 17 other Open Class Corps. If Beatrix succeed in this, than in Indi there will be 17 Open Class Corps and nr 18 as International Corps. So for Beatrix there will be competion enough for ranking top 17, but they do not kick out nr 17 of the Open Class Corps (former Div II and III). I think you must rembember that Beatrix does this trip for the 6th time and give a lot of kids - average age of Beatrix this year is about 21 - the opportunity to take part of the drum corps scene and that's a very big important thing. In one of the coming months there will be an article in Drum Corps World about the differences between US and Europe. Way of live, schoolsystems, schoolbands and a lot more are reasons why just like Beatrix is an all age corps.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i could refresh everyones memory memphis sound was in 3rd all year beating teal sound and blue devils b by a substancial amount. Somehow at finals sound got screwed with the color guard judge who had hated them all year so if their guard score had not have been so low they would have remained in 3rd. anyways my prediction is

1.) jersey surf(LOVED THE SHOW LAST YEAR)

2.) spartans (despite having a show that puts me to sleep every year for some reason the judges like them...Must be pretty easy to score a corp that only plays mf and never dares take anything bigger than an 8to5)

3.) memphis sound ( they have a lot of changes this year but what else is new...anyways i love their corps and think they will do very good)

4.) Dutch boy (they have really improved)

5.) teal sound or bdb

1st) 2 chickens and a squirrel

2-12) that one guy from that one place

its too early to tell , you wont be getting any ideas till july .

who knows

i still think 2 chickens and a squirrel , they dont suck

if i could refresh everyones memory memphis sound was in 3rd all year beating teal sound and blue devils b by a substancial amount. Somehow at finals sound got screwed with the color guard judge who had hated them all year so if their guard score had not have been so low they would have remained in 3rd. anyways my prediction is

2.) spartans (despite having a show that puts me to sleep every year for some reason the judges like them...Must be pretty easy to score a corp that only plays mf and never dares take anything bigger than an 8to5)

3.) memphis sound ( they have a lot of changes this year but what else is new...anyways i love their corps and think they will do very good)

5.) teal sound or bdb

dude r u serious about teal being in 5th when they where 3rd last year

5.) teal sound or bdb

...I understand the concept of having your own opinion.. but have you ever seen a Spartans show? People who dis-like them more than you can't agree with your statement.

I have the DVDs if you want to borrow them.

Edited by It's a lady..

...I understand the concept of having your own opinion.. but have you ever seen a Spartans show? People who dis-like them more than you can't agree with your statement.

I have the DVDs if you want to borrow them.

Edited by OMH

I know I marched bigger than an 8 to 5. On more than one occasion.

Edited by Phirefenix

dude r u serious about teal being in 5th when they where 3rd last year

What does last year's standing have to do with anything? There are too many factors involved that have nothing to do with last year's scores. They could completely fall apart this year at finals and have a bad show and with more corps in one class last year basically means nothing at this point