Do u want to march for $ 500 ! Come Join THE Marion Cadets

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read now that Marion Cadets will be marching in DCA and not Open Class DCI.

Interesting.

According to the MC website:

The Marion Cadets will begin recruiting efforts for its senior corps to be formed for the 2009 season. Applications will be available beginning in April of 2008. Camps and rehearsals will begin in the fall of 2008 in preparations for the 2009 competition/parade season. For more information, please contact Michelle Miley, alumni and board member of the Marion Cadets.

I remember Marion well from my years of competition. They fielded some impressively large corps and had a huge feeder corps. I was impressed with their organization. I believe that they were Ohio state champions some years in the late 60's/early 70's. They appeared to be a large operation with a lot of tradition, so I am glad to hear they may be returning to the field of competition.

The Marion Cadets were formed in 1960,1961.Before that they were a senior corps called the Marion Cavaliers my father marched with them and I marched 13 yrs in the Cadets.The last time they fielded a corps was 2004.

Marion Cadets was found in 1950 as a parade corps and march in divison 3 in 1960

I read now that Marion Cadets will be marching in DCA and not Open Class DCI.

Interesting.

This was posted in the World Class forums, but, to avoid confusion...

Marion Cadets are not switching to an all-age format in 2009. The junior corps will continue to field in 2009. The organization is considering ADDING an all-age corps to the fray in 2009.

This was posted in the World Class forums, but, to avoid confusion...

Marion Cadets are not switching to an all-age format in 2009. The junior corps will continue to field in 2009. The organization is considering ADDING an all-age corps to the fray in 2009.

That's a tough job, reviving one corps and starting a new one at the same time. I wonder why they chose to do this rather than concentrating on one corps at a time?

That's a tough job, reviving one corps and starting a new one at the same time. I wonder why they chose to do this rather than concentrating on one corps at a time?

Mind you, they're only DISCUSSING it right now. Nothing's set in stone. Also, the junior corps is attempting to revive this year, not next, so they'd have a full year to determine whether or not adding an all-age unit is feasible.