DCI HOF

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

To me the person who deserves to be in the DCI Hall Of Fame, DCA Hall Of Fame, The Drum Corps Hall Of Fame itself is Moe Knox former photographer for Drum Corps since the early 1950's till the mid 1980's. Yet as an elder statesmen for the activity people just see Moe as an old man who they could not be bothered with. The Drum Corps Activity itself has never given Moe his due Accolades. This to me is so very shameful of the activity!

I guess you never met and talked with AL or seen him work with a corps before. Or seen him as a performer. he marched 1969-1985

Also as CHET PETERS said. Al spear headed the push to get Moe Knox into the world drum corps hall of fame.

I actually go barefoot or in my sandals whenever I can. Ahhhh the Nike hightops only laced halfway. The ultimate rollin' machines!

:blink:

thanks sully.

Just because a person goes out and makes a very lucrative life for themself from being a former member in a Drum & Bugle Corps & because of their talents just does not deseve to be in the Hall Of Fame!

1. What has this person done to further the Drum Corps Activity?

2. Has this person done anything to further The DCI Activity itself?

What Al Chez has given to the Cadets, the Crossmen, YEA!, marching band programs across the country, clinics, college bands, and the Letterman show all come from his roots in NJ drum corps and primarily the Garfield Cadets. Drum Corps International has been seen by many people because of Al Chez.

Then I think Al should be nominated to the YEA Hall Of Fame, not the DCI Hall OF Fame.

To me he has not proven himself in the DCI Arena it self to be called into The DCI Hall Of Fame. There are and have been hundreds in this activity who have given of thier talents just like Al, they work with bands, they run music education clincs,

they even work with College bands yet no one ever calls for them to be into the DCI Hall Of Fame.

To me the person who deserves to be in the DCI Hall Of Fame, DCA Hall Of Fame, The Drum Corps Hall Of Fame itself is Moe Knox former photographer for Drum Corps since the early 1950's till the mid 1980's. Yet as an elder statesmen for the activity people just see Moe as an old man who they could not be bothered with. The Drum Corps Activity itself has never given Moe his due Accolades. This to me is so very shameful of the activity!

This is one Boston Crusader/SCV/Madison fan that never knew Al Chez, however from the testimonials, allegiance to the activity,friends,and willingness to stand up for others, I'm impressed. Al Chez has promoted the activity just by staying involved and not becoming someone that is above and beyond drumcorps. As for his loyalty to the Cadets and Yea, Why the hell should he not be loyal. Wether its the Cadets/Crossmen, or any other Corps, its drumcorp, and everyone benefits from the contributions from people like Al Chez. I'm sure Moe Knox is a wonderful person, and perhaps he should receive some consideration also.....

I have never had any interaction with Al, but we were contemporaries, marching about the same time. The word of his work in the field are legendary. I work at a CBS affiliate, and Letterman is on my shift, so I hear Al play all the time.

I also have never had any contact with Moe, but again, we are contemporaries, both having photographed Drum Corps, albeit, Moe did it a LOT longer than I did.

Here is a thought: Both of them to the HOF !

I have never had any interaction with Al, but we were contemporaries, marching about the same time. The word of his work in the field are legendary. I work at a CBS affiliate, and Letterman is on my shift, so I hear Al play all the time.

I also have never had any contact with Moe, but again, we are contemporaries, both having photographed Drum Corps, albeit, Moe did it a LOT longer than I did.

Here is a thought: Both of them to the HOF !

Of course! both Moe and Al are deserving. :tongue:

vote now...vote early. vote often..... (whats that? we don't get to vote? C'mon DCI get these two individuals where they belong.

• 2 weeks later...
Of course! both Moe and Al are deserving. :doh:

vote now...vote early. vote often..... (whats that? we don't get to vote? C'mon DCI get these two individuals where they belong.

Yes !

2 real drum corps people .

Of course! both Moe and Al are deserving. :doh:

You may not be able to vote, but you can nominate. Did anyone nominate either of them?

When does DCI announce the new members of the HOF?

When does DCI announce the new members of the HOF?

I see in my files that last year, I wrote the releases on the new inductees on April 17.