Xmen 2008 Planet X Info

It's very interesting stuff, I think it will be cool to see on the field. I know several people raked the Blue Stars over the coals for not having a version of Firebird that was close enough to the original. I wonder it people will feel the same way about Mars this year for the Crossmen.

thats a great point! and trust me, you are not the only one that feels this way.. i talked to plenty of people last year who just could not get into the crossmens show.

i did not like this after the first listen either for the same reasons, then i listened to it a few more times without any standard or comparison of the originals and it clicked! the groove is something i feel is lost in drumcorp... by groove, i also mean an extended amount of time on the same tempo, idea, feel, or development. this arrangement is breaking the choppy and cut up arrangements that drumcorp has so much of now. thats why i dig it

Thanks. I'll keep listening to it and see if it grows on me.

The warm-up reminded me of the beginning of The Cavaliers '95 show, so I was a little worried when I first started listening to it. But after a while, I really started to like it (and forgot about the '95 comparisons). I think that the warm-up is the best part of the show, too bad it won't be judged. I'm also surprised that there's 2 minutes worth of music before the show actually starts. But regardless, I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this show. :laughing:

Good luck, Crossmen!

The warm-up reminded me of the beginning of The Cavaliers '95 show

Don't know about that - it reminds me a lot of the on-field warmup from last year. EEeeeeerie, and very effective for Bones to appear, IMO :laughing:

Guidry, is that seriously your voice doing the intro?

Don't know about that - it reminds me a lot of the on-field warmup from last year. EEeeeeerie, and very effective for Bones to appear, IMO :laughing:

I guess I should have said part of the warm-up, maybe the beginning, not the whole thing.

Don't know about that - it reminds me a lot of the on-field warmup from last year. EEeeeeerie, and very effective for Bones to appear, IMO :doh:

:laughing: I was wondering about the voice too.

I don't think it's him. However, I do believe that Weird Al Yankovic had a hand in the announcement.

And Mr Guidry I must ask, any chance for the return of the huge capes for pre-show?

Just asking this because the pre-show sounds so much like the 07 one to me

Edited by Huntington Mallets

That is actually his voice, but he does it in this redneck, southern style as a joke.

We were all afraid that is would be too much like the Cavies, but it's insanely awesome and just like the Crossmen.

Love the beginning, but I'm sorry. I'm not crazy about anything else. It's almost too complex or over arranged. Instead of playing a melodic line as is, the line has to be played in 15 other variations instead of the actual notes that everyone knows with other quotes buried throughout in deep chord structures that won't speak as well as others.

I know most don't agree, but just giving my opinion. I didn't get last year at all even though everyone on here thought was amazing. Maybe I'm not musically educated enough to understand the complexities of this. Thanks for posting the notes though. It helps somewhat.

I kind of agree with you about it being too complex.

(comment edited because I just need to keep my mouth shut)

Just an opinion. Don't bite me.

Edited by xbones7480