Mardi Gras - N'awlins y'all

Wow. That was awesome.

We got rained out of one parade and stood in the water and wind for two hours simply to collect a check, the proceeds of which went directly to bail/legal defense. We destroyed a major part of the RV we were traveling in (note the photo of the "Bumper of Rock" in the WGM photo gallery). And we discovered that walking in a parade takes exactly as much effort as marching. So now we don't walk anymore either.

It was the most fun we've had yet, and that's coming from the gang that plays demolition derbies and biker rallies. SUPER MAD PROPS to Eric Sabach for hooking us up with the gigs. Thanks to the income, none of our members had pay to make the trip. Austin to N'awlins and back for $0. Ahh, priceless.

Here's the WGM Fist of Rock invading The Big Easy, and most of what was left of us after the (eleven mile and 36 degree wind chill) second parade. What? Another check AND a trophy? We must have rocked them like a, uh, um... hurricane.

NOLAfist.jpg

NOLAgroup.jpg

Edited by WGM Updates

Hee Hee....FIST of Rock. You miss me, don't you?

P, L, H

Chip

We'll ALWAYS have a spot for you. Bring it!!!

Your pal,

Mike

Hee Hee....FIST of Rock. You miss me, don't you?

P, L, H

Chip

WAY TO GO WGM!

You freaks...uhhh errr.. I mean, drum corps devotees, I'm sure where a big hit in the Big Easy!

Hopefully, next year, I can be in the lot riding with Excalibur and watching you guys have fun.

MIKE? The Blue Stars expect some Gatorade love, burning clarinets, and maybe even a human sacrifice sometime this summer... WGM style.

I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Drum corps is good for the soul.. On any level!

Edited by njthundrrd

Eric, you guys get the full WGM treatment: Gatorade, Hopkins Chime (woodwinds as percussion/tinder), AND human sacrifice. Always human sacrifice.

Your pal,

Mike