Surf Perc

I saw Surf at the Show and Tell on Sunday. I can't say much about the horns 'cause I don't know anything about them but WOW! Their pit and drumline is SMOKIN' even as rough as their runthroughs were, they were awesome. Look out Open Class, Surf's gonna dominate this year compared to what I've seen from other lines so far this year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look out Open Class, Surf's gonna dominate this year compared to what I've seen from other lines so far this year.

One can't help but wonder exactly what you've seen from other lines so far this year. Are you making the circuit from Memphis to Jacksonville, FL to Nashua, NH to Portland to Concord & Santa Clara, CA... and everywhere in-between?

One can't help but wonder exactly what you've seen from other lines so far this year. Are you making the circuit from Memphis to Jacksonville, FL to Nashua, NH to Portland to Concord & Santa Clara, CA... and everywhere in-between?

PWND

No but I've seen Teal Sound and Raiders in action and videos of other lines throughout the circuit. I'm not saying I've seen every single one, but I have seen several.

No but I've seen Teal Sound and Raiders in action and videos of other lines throughout the circuit. I'm not saying I've seen every single one, but I have seen several.

Videos? Considering some corps don't even have music or their lines set yet... hmm...

I highly doubt you made the trip to both Wayne, NJ and Jacksonville, FL to see raiders and teal respectively. I have no problem with you showing support for your favorite corps or line. It just seems like you've been fishing for comments since I saw your name pop up on here. Such as your post about a corps playing greenday, you and I both know what that is about.

But I have no doubt that Surf's percussion program will once again be top notch.

Their pit wasn't anything special last year, and there were quite a few open class corps with better pits (drumline was good though). Don't know if they got any new staff but I guess winning best percussion probably got them a lot of pit auditionees. I'll reserve judgement until I see them though.