SUNCOAST RETURN!

My 2 cents

more corps in the activity is a good thing.

But does the corps HAVE to be in the Tampa area? The treasure coast/palm beach area is a hotbed of power HS programs from Vero Beach to Dr Phillips. A SE Florida corps would be new to my knowledge, and you can get a fresh start reinventing the Suncoast Sound name. I am not familiar with Spirits history, but the move from GA to AL to me changed the way I remember the corps.

As far as money goes, as long there is a SOLID basis, I dont see a problem.

Startup costs would be roughly 1-1.5 mil and your first tour would take 200k of internal funds with 100k of dues

I am not sure where he is now, but I will throw out a name.....Rod Owens, He was tour director with crossmen when I marched in 1999, and ran the day to day operations of Magic of Orlando when they came back in 2002, after that he spent a few years with glassmen as tour director, and I do not know if he is still there. As far as I know he lives in the Orlando area, but I last spoke with him in 2002. If you want somebody that will run the corps well and have the kids come first, I would recommend him. (his wife is awesome too)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you're going to need 'new' uniforms but I would hope that they look like the 'old' uniforms. That crisp, clean, blue and white uniform with the gold accents was one of the sharpest uniforms ever worn in drum corps. You would have to be awfully lucky to get something different that says "Suncoast" as well as the originals.

You guys can let this thread die. This corporation has dropped its plans to involve itself in the DC activity for now. It seems we ask too many questions...like who, what, when, where, why.

Oh, and checking up on someone when they don't return emails for weeks on end is considered 'breach of confidence,' or some such.

Oh, but they are supporting a nice children's choir from Namibia, or some such.

The guy who started this post sounded like an idiot...sending me IMs acting like he knew about the corps and certain people better than I do and when I asked them, they never heard of the guy. I don't want any company, no matter how much money they have, bringing back my corps with a clown like this involved.

Wow Allen... now tell us how you REALLY feel! :tongue:

Although I'd love to see new corps form and maybe even old folded corps return, nothing about this entire situation sounded right to me. In fact, I'm not so sure that someone wasn't just yanking our chains.

It would be cool if Suncoast came back but since a lot of them are now Teal's staff, I'm not sure.

Although I'd love to see new corps form and maybe even old folded corps return, nothing about this entire situation sounded right to me. In fact, I'm not so sure that someone wasn't just yanking our chains.

I completely agree. I kept asking him who he was and what his organization was about and he kept saying that I didn't need to know. It could have just been a joke. It all is a bit odd. I emailed a couple of people on the list that he said he had contacted and they had never heard of him or anything about the corps returning.

The corporate sponsor wouldn't happen to be the Church of Scientology, would it? :cool:

It would be cool if Suncoast came back but since a lot of them are now Teal's staff, I'm not sure.

Umm...Suncoast was around for over 15 seasons. There's a whole slew of staff from those years...a lot more than what is on Teal's staff currently. There's plenty to go around!