Best Guard Uniform in History?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As classy as they were, and as classy as the 84 Gold Lame' and 85 SParkly tops were, what they did with the uniform in 1989 for "Les Miz" was outstanding.

~G~

Agreed.

My HS band modeled their uni's after the Blue Stars "shorts and boots" back in the 70's so I was thankful for that back then.... :doh:

As for a "classy look" with the uniform, I always liked the Spirit uni's in '85 with the Gershwin show. As for the way the members LOOKED in the uniform, I loved the early 80's BD uniforms as well as the '86 and '87 uniforms for Spirit (of course I might be a LITTLE bit partial... heh)

Since it's been mentioned a couple times, here's a picture of the 1987 Phantom Regiment guard uniform.

<----

Since it's been mentioned a couple times, here's a picture of the 1987 Phantom Regiment guard uniform.

<----

Gorgeous! Any way to post a larger pic?

I really liked the Cadets guard uniforms in 93, 94 and 95...three amazing years (and colorguards)

I liked Star of Indiana's 1992 guard uniforms.

Cavaliers 2004 is a favorite of mine as well.

Oh...and Madison 1995 and Blue Devils 1996

I already mentioned a few, but I wanted to post a couple that I thought were great for the show concept, though not necessarily as ostentatious as most already mentioned on here.

I really loved the SCV 99 colorguard uniforms. Their design was spare and very modern, which was appropriate for the show, but in the ballad, they really made a tremendous impact during the guard's dance movements.

I'd also say that Star 93's CG uniforms were perfect for the show. They were as spare, design wise, as you can get, I think. I don't know if it's fair to discuss them as being among the best in history, but they sure did work.

What, no shout out for the hot pants of the Blue Stars in the 70's? I know there are still several men here who dream about them.

I did give Blue Stars their props on page 1!

Next thought: My take on all the SCV all black uniforms 1998 till 2002 were lack luster and my least favoret in such a superior drum corps history.

A special nod to 1996 SCV's La Mer, awsome design.

Another side note, SCV 1991 MISS SAIGON, the yellow body suit in the guard costumes were Teal Blue the first part of the season.

And that 1993 Star uniform you liked was actualt their practice uniforms. Charlie Gumbert told my that his guard used the all back gear until their real uniforms (cream color) arrived. Once they placed the cream uniform on the field, the guard lost it's punch so they went back to the practice unitard the rest of the season.

Edited by Cop