What kind of mischievous things did YOU do BITD ?

In 1983, Spirit rehearsed at a stadium near downtown from 9 till 4 and then we reported to a deserted parking lot at Hartsfield International Airport from 6 until "Freddy and the Boys" decided we were done that evening.

In between those two spots, several of us found a small hotel close to the airport with a VERY attractive swimming pool during those hot Atlanta summers. At first, it was only a few of us, but as more people noticed some of us walking up soaking wet to the evening rehearsal, more and more folks began to enjoy it.

At first, the hotel management didn't notice. Then as more people found out about it, it became hard not to notice 20 or more teenagers crashing your pool without towels or swimsuits. They would come out screaming at us to get out or they were calling the police. That scared most folks away and it got back down to only a few folks again. Eventually the hotel management came to understand that we would only be there for a few minutes and we wouldn't hurt anything and kind of resigned themselves to the fact that we were going to "crash" every day about 5:30 PM for just a few minutes and left us alone.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In '74 on tour we're at this school where someone discovers there are small holes in a wall looking into the girls showers. Well, boys being boys, word got out and around shower time there's a collection of us taking turns peeking in and checking out the "scenery"... It's a scene right out of the movie, "Porky's."

Anyway, you know how corps always have parent volunteers helping out on tour. We're all high fiving and trying not to make too much noise while waiting our turn when one of the guys says "Wow, check out the ### on her!" Someone else then says "Hey_________!", (name witheld for obvious reasons)

"IT'S YOUR MOM!" :doh:

Edited by Russellrks

I ALLEGEDLY brought a street sign home from an undisclosed location in 1981. I also ALLEGEDLY "borrowed" a barricade, took off the light, hung it under my vibraphone, and marched a rehearsal with the yellow strobe light effect.

Other than that, it was the usual stuff, like ALLEGEDLY safety wiring a kid in his sleeping bag and hanging him in a urinal. Ah, the good ol' days.

Bob Blomberg

Hmmmm...where to start.

I remember having time to kill before the Legion parade in LA. We were up in a multi-level parking structure looking down on the parade route on Wilshire Blvd. Someone saw one of the original Honda import cars, the 600. Tiny thing, 2-cylinder air-cooled engine. Four drummers picked it up and turned it sideways in it's space and left it there.

Sedan_side.jpg

Picked up our M&M instructor in his sleeping bag and carried him outside into the middle of a busy city street in San Jose...during rush hour.

Hung a 21-bun salute on Watkins Glen Squires drumline off the roof of Meredith College in Raleigh/Durham.

Had to send a couple of sets of antlers back to the City of Jackson, WY, after we found them in the back of our equipment truck when we got back to Santa Ana.

That should do it for now.

Garry in Vegas

I am guessing there were 10 to 15 kids that took advantage of the situation. And several of the characters that post here were willing participants. I think A27thlancer might have been there, John2780...he must have been there, and I am thinking OP was there as well. Their penalty? IIRC - wash the busses.

I think it was 12 people, and I think it must have been somewhere near Rockford, IL. I was not a member, but remember the whole corps being punished in some way for the incident.

"You can't do a sit up"

Take one naive rookie...

Lay him on his back...

Put a bandanna over his eyes...

Surround him with othe corps members chanting,"You can't do a sit up", etc etc etc...

Take one hairy a@@ed male member of the corps, have him drop trou and squat over the bandanned face of the "Naive Rookie"...

Have chanting crowd shout, "Do a sit up!!!!"

Well, the rest you can only imagine.... :doh:

*snif snif* Good times!!!!!

"You can't do a sit up"

Take one naive rookie...

Lay him on his back...

Put a bandanna over his eyes...

Surround him with othe corps members chanting,"You can't do a sit up", etc etc etc...

Take one hairy a@@ed male member of the corps, have him drop trou and squat over the bandanned face of the "Naive Rookie"...

Have chanting crowd shout, "Do a sit up!!!!"

Well, the rest you can only imagine.... :doh:

*snif snif* Good times!!!!!

That is just cruel.

And "Jackass" material worthy!

Well, on the way to a camp, we were driving up the highway where there was this road construction. All those orange cones just sitting there... When the CHP pulled us over a few minutes later, we had some 'splaining to do!

More! More! More!

I'm checking the "statute of limitations" on some of the stuff we did...get back to you. :whip: