What kind of mischievous things did YOU do BITD ?

In 1977, the Argonne Rebels were having a down year. Some of the rifles from my corps (Silver Sabres) purchased some shirts from Argonne that simply said Argonne. The added the words "the rebels" above the original printing on the shirts.

During Finals week/American Legion championships in Denver that same year, we brought in a consultant, who for the life of me I can't recall his name. He commented about our rifle line to the effect of "There's nothing better than watching a nice, tight rifle line" Our Lead Bari player and I took it upon ourselves to have shirts made, which we debuted at a post-season Chiefs game. The shirt read in large letters, "Happiness is a tight rifle" and in much smaller print, "line" We both had bruises on our arms for that one.

untitled13.jpguntitled19.jpguntitled12.jpg

**from that rehearsal and performance**

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddieatthetree.jpg

Let's give some names to this historical event, one of many for the victim. I think this taken while on our southern tour in 1977. We had a night off, and we spent it at a local swimming hole. We were afraid Eddie was going to wander off, so he was tied to a tree so he wouldn't escape.

All from L to R

Kneeling Kevin Egan Cymbals, Art Fabrizio Keys

Standing John Mauro Bass, Brian Oliver Bass, Eddie Corwin Cymbals (and the victim), Gerry Ambrogne Soprano, Ron Leaf Keys, Kenny Burns Cymbals.

No one worked harder or was more proud to be a 27th Lancer than Eddie. In 1977 in Denver, the drumline had one last rehearsal before finals. A group of older members convinced Eddie to disrobe completely, and that he could trust us to form a tight circle around him as the drumline walked toward the hotel. The rest of the corps and parents were there to greet the drumline, when suddenly someone yelled "scatter" and Eddie stood there with his non-tanned skin exposed to the world.

PS - Mike - the statute of limitations expired at the turn of the century. :thumbup:

yeah, well, I'm diggin' John Mauro's "Charlies Angels" shirt the most ... :thumbup:

awesome!

yeah, well, I'm diggin' John Mauro's "Charlies Angels" shirt the most ... :thumbup:

awesome!

Had THE Farrah Faucett poster too :w00t:

But I was really in love with Kate Jackson :w00t:

Poor Eddie - THE most pantsed person in Lancer history.

Back to mischievious - award hands down to Hymie. We were rehearsing behind Northgate on a 90 degree day. On tar. Ralph Pace relentlessly running the rehearsal. We didn't have waterbreaks back then. Water hadn't been invented yet. Ralph chews us out for the 99th time. We are all at the point where we just want to rip Ralph apart, but nobody dares. Hymie runs to TK's car, (I think TK's)

and gets a beer out of a cooler in the back seat. He faces Ralph, pops open the beer with a flourish, and guzzles it with his middle finger extended toward Ralph. What else could we (and Ralph included) do but laugh hysterically???

Had THE Farrah Faucett poster too :w00t:

But I was really in love with Kate Jackson :thumbup:

That's why you rarely ever made it out of your room, and the vacuum was going all the time....

"I told you not to bother me while I am cleaning my room!!!"

($.02 to the Wayan's Bros. and Scary Movie)

Edited by Tansea

PS - Mike - the statute of limitations expired at the turn of the century. :thumbup:

Sweeeeeet!!!! :w00t:

Poor Eddie - THE most pantsed person in Lancer history.

Back to mischievious - award hands down to Hymie. We were rehearsing behind Northgate on a 90 degree day. On tar. Ralph Pace relentlessly running the rehearsal. We didn't have waterbreaks back then. Water hadn't been invented yet. Ralph chews us out for the 99th time. We are all at the point where we just want to rip Ralph apart, but nobody dares. Hymie runs to TK's car, (I think TK's)

and gets a beer out of a cooler in the back seat. He faces Ralph, pops open the beer with a flourish, and guzzles it with his middle finger extended toward Ralph. What else could we (and Ralph included) do but laugh hysterically???

GREAT story! :thumbup:

That's why you rarely ever made it out of your room, and the vacuum was going all the time....

My first girlfriend's name was Hoover :thumbup: