Who are you voting for?

I made sure to include the following as part of my 6 votes:

1. Bluecoats 2005 = IMO one of the most gorgeous hornline sounds of the past few years. I've listened to it at least 100 times and I still love it! The arrangements and balance are incredible!!

2. Vanguard 2006 = The opener alone is worth the price of admission!!

Edited by LincolnV

Right, coming here to complain about the format is going to get you a screening in Canada. Good luck with that approach. If you want a screening in Canada, try a more positive approach. Have you contacted DCI to let them know there's interest in your area? Maybe DCi has no control over what theatres show this thing.

It's ironic that you're concerned whether 400 or 36 corps are eligible for the top 6 Countdown when you should be focusing your complaints/efforts on getting a show of ANY kind/format to your area.

Obviously I should have kept my opinion to myself. Sorry you are so offended when I re-stated something that has already been said in a different way....

However - I talked about getting this into Canada for the past couple of years. It was someone else that did the digging and found out, as you suggest, there was no alliance with any of the Canadian theatre chains to bring it in. Perhaps DCI could look deeper into marketing it to a Canadian chain.

So yeah - thanks for the suggestion - already tried.

Edited by kusankusho

Not everyone will ever be happy about the choices... you can make all the people happy some of the time, or some of the people happy all of the time.

Anyhow, if more people attend, we'll know that changing the format a bit is good. If the attendance goes down, well, we'll know it's fans of the prior material that are buying tickets.

Frankly, it's like any other movie. If you think you'll have a good time, go! Otherwise, no big deal.

Perhaps DCI could look deeper into marketing it to a Canadian chain.

DCI is secretly working on a plan to help underwrite "Curling Night in Saskatoon" in theaters throughout the Northwest Territories until such a time when they can get drum corps on the screens throughout the provinces. My uncle knows a janitor who works there, and he told my uncle, who told me.

So in the mean time, grab yourself a ginger beer and a few brooms, find yourself some swingy ice and CHILL.

:thumbup:

I'm going to vote for:

1990 Star of Indiana

1989 Blue Devils

1998 Cadets of Bergen County

2007 Carolina Crown

1992 Crossmen

2006 Santa Clara Vanguard

Oh wait.

That's and excellent list...hopefully the revert back to doing the " Classic " next year.

With only 6 corps supposedly making the cut, will DCI:

1) have a lot of interviews and commentaries to stretch this out to at least 2 hours?

2) surprise everyone by adding a bonus of the two corps that finished 7th and 8th in the voting?

3) add a couple of "Classic" corps of their choosing to appeal to a broader audience? (maybe one each from the 70's, 80's, and 90's)

Just wonderin'.

I too have wondered what they are going to do for "Filler",shouldv'e just left the dam thing at 12 Corps

DCI is secretly working on a plan to help underwrite "Curling Night in Saskatoon" in theaters throughout the Northwest Territories until such a time when they can get drum corps on the screens throughout the provinces. My uncle knows a janitor who works there, and he told my uncle, who told me.

So in the mean time, grab yourself a ginger beer and a few brooms, find yourself some swingy ice and CHILL.

:w00t:

That's still DCI - Drunken Curling International. The Yellowknife Polar Bears play the halftime. :thumbup: