Drum Corps Survivor final round

Final Round  

243 members have voted

1. 1. please read rules!

• Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard

Would rather it be neither, but between the 2 SCV. This is reminding me of our national election.

Hmph. Was forced to vote for Ron Paul b/c I just couldn't bring myself to vote for John McCain just yet. I'll do the Republican duty in November, but Romney was already on the beach.

And SCV-PR in a squeaker...I've seen this before...doesn't look good for the hometown corps!

sorry it's late guys. I had a concert, and I have a pretty bad cold right now.

SCV is the winner. yay.

/thread series.

~>conner

Really?

From my point of view, the largest step size I saw was MAYBE a 5-5.

And to be quite honest with you, a 4-5 isn't even a really large step size.

Now 3 to 5. Thats when you start to die. haha.

watch the first few people who take off after the block in Firebird...

that's more than a 5 to 5 and they maintain it for almost the whole thing

regardless of the variances in step size... nobody in the activity tries to play such long phrases while attempting such a drastic and intense visual move..... and if you close your eyes...they sound like they are standing still

BRAVO Regiment

nobody in the activity tries to play such long phrases while attempting such a drastic and intense visual move..... and if you close your eyes...they sound like they are standing still

Nobody...really? I'm sure there are a few hundred members of various corps that might disagree.

And you're right. If you close your eyes they have a very smooth sound. Thin, overly loud, and out of tune...but smooth. Gotta give em that.

Nobody...really? I'm sure there are a few hundred members of various corps that might disagree.

And you're right. If you close your eyes they have a very smooth sound. Thin, overly loud, and out of tune...but smooth. Gotta give em that.

Yes... really

Nobody plays as long musical phrases as Phantom does.... simply listen to the musical phrases of Regiment and then compare it to the others...

most corps play a little then allow drums to interject

and as far as you opinion on what you hear... to each his own

I thought it was glorious... in tune... lots of depth

pushing the edge of the dynamic spectrum.... but honestly... the edge is right where the excitement and magic happens

Yes... really

Nobody plays as long musical phrases as Phantom does.... simply listen to the musical phrases of Regiment and then compare it to the others...

most corps play a little then allow drums to interject

and as far as you opinion on what you hear... to each his own

I thought it was glorious... in tune... lots of depth

pushing the edge of the dynamic spectrum.... but honestly... the edge is right where the excitement and magic happens

that was cadets

So tough to choose between a Giant ###### and a Turd Sandwich.

Or, as Dennis Miller once put it... a choice between hospital food and airline food.

Edited by cajal