Out of all the corps music since 2000

Some of the recent topics have discussed whether the unrecognizable music takes away from drum corps popularity. I was wondering, since the year 2000, of all the shows and corps you have seen, what percentage of music would you say you have liked?

I would say I have definitely liked about 97 % of what I have heard. I have REALLY liked about 50%, and have TOTALLY LOVED about 15-20%.

In the 80's and 90's I would say the numbers are about the same. Getting into what I have heard from the 70's, I would say that number drops a little, but overall like a majority of what I have heard.

I don't know the percentage, but I like most of what I hear, and really love about 4-5 shows musically per year. It's been that way since I started watching in the late 80s, and it's that way when I go back any further for the most part, too.

Mixed feelings, really. Do I recognize most of the music? No. Do I enjoy most of it? Yes. Do I sit in amazement at the levels of achievement? Of course.

Now, I think its kind of obvious that the shows are not being written for audience enjoyment 'wow' factors, which is two parts disappointing and three parts idiotic. Judges award scores...they don't draw the fans.

But the good outweighs the bad, and the bad can be eliminated with only about three minor changes, so I remain generally positive. Getting all bent out of shape and bitter about what "DC has become" only gives you gas, heartburn and high blood pressure...two of which I already have...and don't want the third..or the other two any worse! (let you figure out which two)

Besides, when a corps can put together something like Crown or Coats did last year that just totally blows the audience away either in creativity (Crown) or achievement (Coats), I get really excited at where we are. Achievement is just totally unreal these days...now if the 'extra edge' shifts back to creativity and audience appeal (Crown), we're in for some good years ahead!

• 2 weeks later...

30%

of alll the corps????

65%