favorite drum corps songs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no sheet music for the duet... It was a soprano duet the two years previous and was merely adapted for the Baritones who beat out the Soprano guys in the solo audition... BTW Dave Carrico and Doug Kenyon (Pooh Bear) did a beautiful job!

Dindy is my favorite tune that I never got to play.

I would love to see the sheet music that the Blue Devils used for the baritone duet!!!!

Edited by Big Bad Bari

Since "Malaguena" is probably the most played song in drum corps history, what would be the 2nd most played song?

Just a guess..."Battle Hymn" ?

I'm seeing a lot of stuff here that the Stan Kenton Orchestra played. Would be an interesting list to compile. Maleguena, La Suerto, MacArthur Park, Send in the Clowns...
Channel One Suite, Chicago Suite, Artistry in Rhythm, Malaga..etc. Simpy a great band playing great arrangements by superb arrangers...sure beat the hell out of listening to the MF band playing the theme from Star Trek...

There was no sheet music for the duet... It was a soprano duet the two years previous and was merely adapted for the Baritones who beat out the Soprano guys in the solo audition... BTW Dave Carrico and Doug Kenyon (Pooh Bear) did a beautiful job!

I just watched that on my Legacy DVD collection - man, that was some sweet stuff!

the solos both sop and bari were both very beautiful and very impressive. love the haromonizing

Agreed... All the artists were very talented!

and what was it like for you to actually march in that hornline and play that chart?

Agreed... All the artists were very talented!

Conquest (BAC 69)

Cherry Pink (Cab's any year)

Danny Boy (27 any year)

This Nearly Was Mine (St. Kevin's)

Malaguena (Madison)

When a Man Loves a Women (BD)

One More Time CCorea

Maginificent Seven - Hurcs

when a man loves a woman and one more time, great tunes. got to love danny boy.

Conquest (BAC 69)

Cherry Pink (Cab's any year)

Danny Boy (27 any year)

This Nearly Was Mine (St. Kevin's)

Malaguena (Madison)

When a Man Loves a Women (BD)

One More Time CCorea

Maginificent Seven - Hurcs