California guards... anyone have any info or thoughts?

Will

So, for those of you that have seen them (even on RePlay), what do you think of Corona?? Santa Clara Vanguard?? Diamond BAr? Arcadia?? It seems the East/Midwest is all we are talking about so far...

Let's give the Western guards some love and attention...

I'll start! : )

Corona - hot darn! LOVE IT the colors are a bit odd, but they use them to great effect and I think it will be great to see it live. Some of their new tricks are pretty insane too.. love the ending flag feature.

SCV - hhmm not sure about this one yet... I didn't care too much for it. Though, i must admit, i'm not a big fan of SCV's guards anyway (indoor or out).. they are good for sure, however.. I guess I don't really get the show. The song they use is the same as Northmont and I kept thinking of that show instead..

Arcadia - WEIRD. I watched the promo video on WGI and it is kind of creepy. Still, the trademarks are there and I think they will fare quite well in Dayton.

ok... let's hear from other folks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corona - hot darn! LOVE IT Some of their new tricks are pretty insane too.. love the ending flag feature.

ahhhhyes,mr. shapiro's/corona's signature "nutcracker" move!we've come to expect it! :tongue:

I loved Corona. They're not very polished, finnessed, or nuanced, and I don't normally care for guards that are missing those qualities. However, who cares? Have you seen what they're doing? How about when the rifles throw a 6 (or something), the dancers do a handstand, put their feet on the rifle's shoulders and flip over them, then catch the rifle! (except for the one girl who had to go chasing it).

From what I saw on replay I loved Rancho Bernardo. Not what I expected from a Charlie Chaplin show. Absulutely beautiful.

I loved Corona. They're not very polished, finnessed, or nuanced, and I don't normally care for guards that are missing those qualities. However, who cares? Have you seen what they're doing? How about when the rifles throw a 6 (or something), the dancers do a handstand, put their feet on the rifle's shoulders and flip over them, then catch the rifle! (except for the one girl who had to go chasing it).

We actually did that very same trick in Sonnor waaaaay back in 1988. It was the scariest thing I've ever done.

We did it again in '89 - but with a flag - musch less sacry!

Later,

Mike

We actually did that very same trick in Sonnor waaaaay back in 1988. It was the scariest thing I've ever done.

Later,

Mike

Well, now of course I have to go and pull out those tapes so I can this... HAHA

Well, drat, '89 is all I've got (on the "Fans' Favorites" DVD), and then there's that magical show from '91 (on Vol. 2 of the "Fans' Favorite" DVD). I just ordered another "On Demand" DVD that has quite a bit of Sonnor on it, but not that year. Oh, well. Maybe the next DVD purchase, LOL! :tongue:

Well, drat, '89 is all I've got (on the "Fans' Favorites" DVD), and then there's that magical show from '91 (on Vol. 2 of the "Fans' Favorite" DVD). I just ordered another "On Demand" DVD that has quite a bit of Sonnor on it, but not that year. Oh, well. Maybe the next DVD purchase, LOL! :tongue:

Well check the '89 one. when we do that exchange the rifles are in front with flags in back - I'm the rifle on the 50.

Later,

Mike

Well check the '89 one. when we do that exchange the rifles are in front with flags in back - I'm the rifle on the 50.

Will do!

Arcadia - WEIRD. I watched the promo video on WGI and it is kind of creepy. !

"the eyes of tammy faye"! :laughing:

or "the international house of pancake make-up"! :lol:

Edited by dugg