• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it was the biggest mixup,

That you had ever seen,

Me father he was Orange,

And me mother she was Green... :ph34r: :ph34r: :tongue:

LOL, best St Patricks Day parade quote I ever heard was from a member of the (orange and white clad) Baltimore Yankee Rebels.

"It takes balls to wear orange on St Patricks Day". :smile:

LOL, best St Patricks Day parade quote I ever heard was from a member of the (orange and white clad) Baltimore Yankee Rebels.

"It takes balls to wear orange on St Patricks Day". :ph34r:

:tongue: I'll bet that was Jim Henn who passed away last year on the night of the Spring Preview. He was a big Irishman who would say things like that.

:ph34r: I'll bet that was Jim Henn who passed away last year on the night of the Spring Preview. He was a big Irishman who would say things like that.

Probably but I never got a name. Only other thing I remember was he was talking to another person about 20 feet away from me and I heard it very clearly. (So did a lot of other people. :tongue: ) :ph34r:

I was about 17 at the time and (again) thinking "What the heck did I get myself into with Drum Corps?".

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Probably but I never got a name. Only other thing I remember was he said it about 20 feet awaya from me and I heard it very clearly. (So did a lot of other people. :tongue: ) :ph34r:

Like you, Jim, our Jim was a baritone. He looked like he was off the boat and I didn't hear him say it but I know that was him.

No one has ever hurled any insults at us for wearing orange and we usually borrow Archie's Irish flag. Our corps is pretty much split between Irish and Italians (my husband is German) and the Irish members like myself always wear a shamrock on their uniform and I also wear a green drinking glove just for this parade. You guys in the Lancers fit right in with your green unis. :ph34r: It was always nice seeing you guys at that parade.

:laugh: I'll bet that was Jim Henn who passed away last year on the night of the Spring Preview. He was a big Irishman who would say things like that.

Yeah. That sounds like something Jim Henn would have said. :guinesssmilie:

For some reason we were watching the WGAL Channel 8 (Lancaster, PA) local news tonight and saw an ad for the parade tomorrow. Ad had clips of previous parades starting with full screen shots of the Channel 8 folks riding in cars. Then half screen of info with music groups on the other half of the screen.

Very last (half screen) clip was the Lancer sops marching by playing. :guinesssmilie::laugh:

Bayonne St. Patrick's Day Parade

3/16

The hornline warming up

266660851_cPebe-M.jpg

Hanging before the parade

266615623_oN6FP-S.jpg

On Broadway playing Shaft

266645180_mkMkt-S.jpg

Stepping off

266646128_QqrDk-S.jpg

why yes it does...Guiness.

Brilliant!

Noticeably absent at the post. Had to go to Danny Boy's after the parade for a couple pints of the good stuff! :thumbup: