What Cool Effects Will Empire Give Us In 2008

Back in the early nineties, Empire did actually have a soloist that marched every set while he wasnt soloing. He also wrote the brass charts and was brass caption head. In fact there were many other unsung guys like Tommy A., Chris C., Denis B., Shawn H., Tommy D., Jimmy S., Kevin W., et al...that marched and played solos or had parts in duets, trios and such.

But alas, many of them are now locked in the insane asylum for trying to beat the Bushwackers on Labor Day ....after beating them all year at every other meeting. LMAO...Dennis and Jerome were part of that vicious treatment. Cruel and unusual punishment...

Donny

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the early nineties, Empire did actually have a soloist that marched every set while he wasnt soloing. He also wrote the brass charts and was brass caption head.

Donny

Who was that masked man? :cool:

Jubal? :cool: They had a tap dancer ,too. :devil:

But I'm guessing the end of the 1993 New Orleans Medley was the biggest Standing O of his career.

That "New Orleans" production was absolutely awesome in '93!!!! :cool:

Fran

That "New Orleans" production was absolutely awesome in '93!!!! :cool:

Fran

Fran - 1993 is still my favorite year. It had nothing to do with what place we came in, or anything related to the competitive part of drum corps. That year featured the trip to Brazil, and THAT show.

That was the first full year with Mr. B's new toy: A Bingo Palace!

Back in the early nineties, Empire did actually have a soloist that marched every set while he wasnt soloing. He also wrote the brass charts and was brass caption head. In fact there were many other unsung guys like Tommy A., Chris C., Denis B., Shawn H., Tommy D., Jimmy S., Kevin W., et al...that marched and played solos or had parts in duets, trios and such.

But alas, many of them are now locked in the insane asylum for trying to beat the Bushwackers on Labor Day ....after beating them all year at every other meeting. LMAO...Dennis and Jerome were part of that vicious treatment. Cruel and unusual punishment...

Donny

Rigged I tell ya

Rigged I tell ya

LOL

I heard they're putting the whole corps in a water tank the size of the whole football field, kind of like Blousemen did that one year....

And a helicopter flown by the Statue of Liberty will dump Jello into the tank (had to get the tank in there somehow) as two bicycles pedalled by giant wooden shoes burst through a disintegrating flag behind a wall of fire extinguishers and over the head of Uncle Sam playing an electric bass (and soloing in the pit) while serving Frank Sinatra and Maynard Ferguson watered down drinks at the bar. Meanwhile the guard will be dressed as 15 Oliver Norths tap dancing with 15 Carmen Sandiegos and a small ensemble will feature each individual dressed as Curly playing "Rio", "Moonlight Serenade", "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" (Get it? Curly's"? "Shuffle"? It's a riot, I tell you!), and the 4 service songs all at the same time while penguin-walking. The rest of the corps will all march backward looking like Groucho Marx walking in reverse to the tune of "Sing Sing Sing".

Then, the Earth will be knocked off its axis when everything comes to a crashing stop as David shouts, "Get rid of those @#&^#& props!", whips out a baton, and leads the corps through "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" (1978 Phantom Regiment version).

And dat's da troot' ($1 to Lily Tomlin)

OK, that's 23 references ... Beat that!

Edited by Dale Bari

Donny

Marching soloists, imagine that. Donny, you and the others like you were true ironmen.

Don't forget, I was there with Jerome and Dennis.