SUNRISERS ANNOUNCEMENT!

On the upside, I think it's great that the administration made the announcement and provided additional information regarding their decision, rather than letting everyone jump to their own conclusions. To me, that shows responsibility and forward thinking. Furthermore, the corps never said they were going "inactive" either. Just that they would not be competing. I know to a lot of folks, that may as well be the same thing. But for someone who has been in that position more than once, I know the multitude of things there are to do. Parades, exhibitions, fund raisers, recruiting, the list goes on and on. I'm glad to hear the corps is doing what they need to do to get to that next level. The Sunrisers are just one of MANY corps that I would love to see back in the hunt where they belong; duking it out week by week for the top spot.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sun, sorry to hear that you had to go inactive this year. However, looking through the years past, I agrre with the other posts on here, the Sun shall rise again! I truly hope so and wish you all the best of luck! Here's to seeing you in 2009!

Scott

Hi Scott,

I noticed your marching dates and that our paths crossed in 81, 82, 83. I have fond memories of those years. Enjoyed competing with you back then.

Who gave you that misinformation Terri? You could have just asked me and I would have told you what was going on.

It doesn't matter who told me...what matters is that you did NOT fold. :tongue:

• 1 month later...
If you need Nicks phone number, and maybe some kneepads, please feel free to ask. :worthy:

I don't get it......... :tongue:

:tongue:

If you need Nicks phone number, and maybe some kneepads, please feel free to ask. :tongue:
And exactly what has Nick ever won as director? Some people don't measure success by how many years they can keep a mediocre, struggling organization on the field. I'm sure the membership of the Sunrisers work too hard and deserve every opportunity to win. And by win, I DON'T mean Class A. Thank god that Sun now has a management team that can see further than their own egos. And maybe you should save the kneepads in case you should ever want to march in a first class organization such as the one which the Sunrisers are striving to attain. Edited by VOReason

Personal attacks have no place here. I spent 11 years marching in the Sunrisers and Nick was right beside me for many of them. He took over the management of the corps when no one else would. He's a saint.

He asked me to advise him and then took none of my advice. We don't agree on much. So what? He gave his best effort.

If anyone else has something positive to offer, I suggest contacting the current management. Here's hoping the corps has a renaissance, and soon.

Edited by ironlips

Personal attacks have no place here. I spent 11 years marching in the Sunrisers and Nick was right beside me for many of them. He took over the management of the corps when no one else would. He's a saint.

He asked me to advise him and then took none of my advice. We don't agree on much. So what? He gave his best effort.

If anyone else has something positive to offer, I suggest contacting the current management. Here's hoping the corps has a renaissance, and soon.

Granted, perhaps one sentence in my previous post came accross as a little harsh. But I definitely don't think that Sun's best interest would be served by begging back the former management. The fact that the Sunrisers will not be on the field this year should not be construed by anyone to indicate the failure of the current management team. On the contrary, it shows that they have respect for and are determined to provide the hard working members of their organization with every opportunity for success. The Sunrisers are too proud an organization to simply "show up".

if only they knew......