Southwind Drum and Bugle Corps announces 2008 show

From www.southwind.org:

To the delight of fans across the country, the Southwind Drum and Bugle Corps has announced their return to the DCI scene in 2008. The corps is back with a vengeance, as well as an exciting, innovative program entitled

A RICK ASTLEY PORTRAIT

This challenging musical and visual display will feature the masterpieces of British musician Rick Astley that will take fans on a journey through body and soul and will leave them begging for more. The Southwind Design team has done a terrific job in assembling this program, which opens with the catchy "Together Forever," fades to a beautiful medley of "When I Fall in Love" and "My Arms Keep Missing You," and rolls into the finishing number with a breathtaking rendition of the classic Astley hit, "Never Gonna Give You Up."

"We couldn't be more proud of the return of the corps, and what a show to make that return with," explained corps director Mike Loeffelholz. "Mr. Astley's music has formed the basis of a program that is both challenging for the members and satisfying to the audience. It gives the members an exhilarating, joyful vehicle to work with as they tackle the musical complexity of this once-in-a-lifetime performer. This show will be one for the ages, and we're sure that from the opening timpani solo of 'Never Gonna Give You Up' to the full-corps company front reprise of 'Together Forever,' the corps will have the entire audience in the palm of their hands."

Excerpts of the show music can be heard here. Expect to hear more information on Southwind's groundbreaking 2008 production after this month's camp, April 18-20.

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. You had me until I actually read it. lol

But did you hear about Bob Barker? :tongue:

But what about the classic upbeat tune, "She Wants to Dance With Me?"

No love for that??

:tongue:

But what about the classic upbeat tune, "She Wants to Dance With Me?"

No love for that??

:tongue:

What?? That must have been popular in the UK.

Okay, this more than coincidental that two forums I'm in have been Rickrolled as the April Fools joke of day.

Edited by sburstall