Campsites

The years sort of blend together now, but I think I remember sharing a gym with Lehigh Valley Knights at Lehigh Carbon Community College. The same thing happened with Scenic City...that must have been 2003.

We shared a giant facility with Spirit once, and in 2004 on the ToC we were housed with Madison in portable buildings in Anaheim. IIRC, the corps weren't intermingled, but we did have to share some awful showers.

I barely remember the first night of the ToC...I think we just found empty space where ever we could in the dorms. I know there were more than a few situations where Cavaliers and Blue Devils were sleeping right next to each other inside of the dorm rooms. That could have been bad...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was amazing day. The amount of Ipods and cell phones plugged into the wall was simply astounding. I know we all had a little laugh when we heard larry telling everyone to "bring it in" and "take a knee"

ya... i was pretty embarrassed, but seriously we could not hear one thing.. and all the drumlines started blending together...

....worst rehearsal ever...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They actually let MEN stay in the dorms at Meredith? You do realize that is an All Female college? I hope you didn't leave the seats up!

Yes, we were well aware that it was a Women's College. We were also aware that the Women weren't there.

If any toilet seats were left up, I plead the fifth!

Garry in Vegas

PS In 1973 we stayed at a YWCA in Cedar Rapids. Guys on the third floor, girls on the first, and about 25 chaperones on the second floor landing.

Edited by CrunchyTenor

We shared housing sites with Spokane Thunder, Memphis Sound, and Vanguard Cadets this year. And we got hoteled at finals.

When we shared with Memphis we were at a HUGE school and barely even saw each other. When we shared with Spokane, they got up earlier than we did and got the turf field and we got, like, a lawn. But mostly what I remember about them is that we were trying to be really social with them in the shower and they thought we were REALLY WEIRD. At least in the guys shower. We had to tiptoe around sleeping Vanguard Cadets to get to the shower... otherwise we didn't see much of them.

I remember that. Not to be offensive, but some of you guys were quite... peculiar.

We shared a place with like 4 other corps in 2006. It was in LaCrosse, WI, at the U of W in LaCrosse (fancy that). We all stayed in the field house and it worked out pretty well (aside from the fact that the people at the University wouldn't let us paint a field on their precious practice football fields).

Besides that, there were a couple places where we shared with a corps or two. Last year for finals we were put up in a Hotel. It kinda sucked because there wasn't anywhere nearby where we were allowed to set up a practice field. We ended up having hopping on the bus and driving 10-15 minutes down the freeway (the opposite way of Pasadena) to a rest stop/recreational park area.

My favorite boarding place probably was when we had to stay in the Taco Bell arena at Boise State because the school we were supposed to stay at had a problem with Mercury in the water. (SCV was staying there, too, I believe.)