Summer Predictions

Now that spring is rolling in and several corps have had several camps (some may even be putting drill on the field), what are some early predictions in terms of placement this year. Does anyone think that the Bucs will go for a 4-peat? How about the A class? Is it likely that we will see a new champion there this year?

As a side question - have any A class corps moved to Open class this year? If so, how do you think they will fall into place with these groups?

I know that the first competition is still several months away, so don't take any of these predictions too personally. All in good fun! :worthy:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will predict that Sun Devils will surprise many people this year in "A" Class. There is a lot of good talent joining the corps and already there and I have to think that they will turn some heads

I would also say that Rochester Crusaders will jump up several places this season.

Who will win? The corps with the highest score in each class.

I can tell you right now, probably both Rochester corps will have great years. Naturally, Statesmen have their anniversary, and I've heard Cru... WOW. Cru is probably going to be the biggest surprise of the summer. Their young drumline got even better with some nice additions, and if you thought their hornline improved last year, watch out! They have a nice sized line, and everyone can play. I've heard some corps (Renegades, Brigs, etc...) are struggling for numbers, so I dunno about what to expect there. I think Cabs are going to have another strong year, and I'm sure Buccs will be at least top 3. My money is for:

1. Cabs

2. Statesmen

3. Buccs

4. MBI

5. Bush

6. Cru

7. Hurcs

8. Brigs

9. CV

10. Gades/ Kilts/ ???

I'm usually not into predictions (too many variables) but I'd like to remind folks that the Connecticut Hurricanes have been making steady progress the last few years, not to mention the great staff additions they announced back in October. They kept the team that had gotten them to that point and added some top names. (Jamey Thompson and Jeff Mitchell come to mind.) So, ignore those Hurricane warnings at your peril.

Cabs, ES, and Bucs will remain Top 3, but I refrain from putting them in any order.

MBI and CV will be their usual, strong selves. (translation: MBI around 4-6, and CV around 7-9.)

Renegades will always be a mystery until Finals weekend.

That leaves Bush, Brigs, and Cru.

Bush usually makes more noise online than they have this season, so that leaves me wondering about them. However, they have a track record for excellence that still causes me to think they will remain Top 5. Having been in both of those NY corps, I have a hard time seeing Cru top Brigs. Yet, I haven't heard great news from CNY lately, and I have heard that a good many strong Brigadier performers have moved on. Also, Cru has perenially been a strong learning corps but not a great finisher come August. Last season seemed to put that behind them, but that's not enough of a trend for me to change my mind yet. Cru has not finished above 7th since 1993. That's a long history to overcome.

Everyone must remember the debate just before Finals last year about who would claim the 10th spot: Cru, Kilts or MCL? Cru got it, but more folks were on the Kilts bandwagon (including me) than MCL's. Well, Music City got 11th, and I would be thinking (until proven otherwise) about MCL sneaking into Finals past someone.

1-3: Cabs, ES, Bucs

4-6: MBI, Bush, Hurcs

7-10: CV, Cru, Brigs, Renegades

Wild Card: MCL

That doesn't represent much change from last year. (Only Hurcs move up and Brigs move down significantly.) But, that's been DCA for the last few years.

In Class A, I predict Govies, Alliance, and Chops as the Top 3, with Dream able to knock one of them out. If Carolina Gold is Class A, they will probably be in the mix too.

I'm usually not into predictions (too many variables) but I'd like to remind folks that the Connecticut Hurricanes have been making steady progress the last few years, not to mention the great staff additions they announced back in October. They kept the team that had gotten them to that point and added some top names. (Jamey Thompson and Jeff Mitchell come to mind.) So, ignore those Hurricane warnings at your peril.

Cabs, ES, and Bucs will remain Top 3, but I refrain from putting them in any order.

MBI and CV will be their usual, strong selves. (translation: MBI around 4-6, and CV around 7-9.)

Renegades will always be a mystery until Finals weekend.

That leaves Bush, Brigs, and Cru.

Bush usually makes more noise online than they have this season, so that leaves me wondering about them. However, they have a track record for excellence that still causes me to think they will remain Top 5. Having been in both of those NY corps, I have a hard time seeing Cru top Brigs. Yet, I haven't heard great news from CNY lately, and I have heard that a good many strong Brigadier performers have moved on. Also, Cru has perenially been a strong learning corps but not a great finisher come August. Last season seemed to put that behind them, but that's not enough of a trend for me to change my mind yet. Cru has not finished above 7th since 1993. That's a long history to overcome.

Everyone must remember the debate just before Finals last year about who would claim the 10th spot: Cru, Kilts or MCL? Cru got it, but more folks were on the Kilts bandwagon (including me) than MCL's. Well, Music City got 11th, and I would be thinking (until proven otherwise) about MCL sneaking into Finals past someone.

1-3: Cabs, ES, Bucs

4-6: MBI, Bush, Hurcs

7-10: CV, Cru, Brigs, Renegades

Wild Card: MCL

That doesn't represent much change from last year. (Only Hurcs move up and Brigs move down significantly.) But, that's been DCA for the last few years.

In Class A, I predict Govies, Alliance, and Chops as the Top 3, with Dream able to knock one of them out. If Carolina Gold is Class A, they will probably be in the mix too.

I have a feeling the Gades will surprise this year :lol::lol::worthy:

Really early guesses:

Empire

Bucs

Cabs

Bush

MBI

Hurcs

Cru

Brigs

Renegades

CV

MCL

Kilties

Fusion

Govies

SoCal

Alliance

Gold

Chops

White Sabres

GCS

Frontier

Lakeshoremen

Shenandoah

Fusion

Govies

SoCal

Alliance

Gold

oops. I forgot about Fusion. Suffice it to say, Class A will be where the horserace drama resides this season.

I predict the corps with the highest score will win.

<$1 to some Jeffy poo from PA> :worthy: