Summer Predictions

Having viewed Fusion at there rehearsal this past weekend I will predict that they will be a serious contender for the Class A title. They have a much larger percussion section, brass line is in fine shape, and there guard is working with the corps already. They are running there rehearsals similar to Bush, which is understandable with the fine staff they have brought in.

I must note that I have seen no other Class A corps this year, and probably will not see any until championships. It looks like most of the Class A competition will be from the South, Mid West, and West, Fusion will be competiting against the open class corps all summer, may help, may hurt, who knows?

One thing that would help Fusion is to get Holly out in the basic block. lol

Judge

I am excited to see what Fusion has in store this summer! I am thinking that Alliance will also be in contention for the A title. They would have been last year, had they not gotten their penalty. However this year, all sections have grown and are better quality. Mark my words... somebody check me on this later.... Alliance will win percussion. I don't know about everything else. I just know they were real good last year, and they are better this year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the gals at Alliance's souvie booth. I told them several times during the weekend that I thought they had one of the best Class A corps out there.

Yeah, trying to predict Class A in April is tough. May as well play darts with a blindfold.

The only thing I can predict is that we'll all be working hard to produce high quality, entertaining shows.

:blush: Dale, how do you know all this? you rock!! miss you, tammy, and the babies, tell everyone I said hi!!!

--also, prediction making scares me... so much can change so quickly. I just like to march around the field and play my baritone :tongue:

Hi, Lauren,

Yes, dear, you just worry about playing your baritone and hitting your marks. Let the rest of us with nothing to do (drum corps-wise) worry about silly things like placement and who's got the best water and what year did the Boondock Cadets play "Minnesota Rambler". For you, make this an anniversary year for the ES alums to be proud of.

You'll get a chance to see the babies again soon enough. (Elizabeth will probably be walking by then.) We miss you guys too.

As far as me knowing what, shhhh Ken, you weren't supposed to tell. Ah well, I still have my crystal ba... oops, I said too much already. Gotta run! <trails fallen items behind him: tarot cards, tea leaves, mirror, dowsing rods>

South, Mid-West, and West, geez everybody is forgetting Canada again. They have a corps their as well.

D. Smith

Ontario, Canada

Doug,

If everyone is forgetting about the corps up North, then go with the flow. I never understood blabbing every last secret online about a corps; I like the idea of being an unknown quantity: it's easier to catch everyone else by surprise. Even though everyone knows about Renegades, they always manage to surprise us out East. THAT'S the way to be mysterious!

So, don't sweat it. Everyone will find out soon enough, and we'll probably get a pleasant surprise. (And maybe a few other corps will get an UNpleasant surprise!)

(Elizabeth will probably be walking by then.)

Don't you mean marching? :blush:

Blousemen will take it all I truly believe. Gary Wink said they are HOT this year. We stopped in to their rehearsal in Blouseburg on the way home from Harrisburg but they were on lunch break, so I didnt get the chance to hear them.

Donny

Don't you mean marching? :blush:

Heh! I do make sure she knows that it's always left foot first (so no Cadets for her).

Actually, she told me her schedule just the other day. It looks like this: walking by May, marching by Sept, teaching marching by Jan. (Does anybody want to hire an 18-month old visual tech?)

Despite our best efforts, Thomas may end up in the pit. He's not working on walking yet, but he is learning the keyboard. Right now, his favorite brand is Fisher-Price.

The last time I talked to them, Thomas & Elizabeth were both predicting DCA will be won by Empire Statesmen ...

(wait for it)

.... "in a walk".

Edited by Dale Bari