If you want to avoid holes in your aerobed I suggest having a small blanket and after you roll up the bed roll it up in the blanket and stuff it in the aerobed bag. Even with all that my aerobed bag was the size of a normal sleeping bag.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air beds? Ha!

Why back in the day we slept on rocks...

We had to walk to rehearsal, uphill, in the snow...

yada, yada, yada...

:worthy:

Your corps let you have rocks? I would have LOVED to have had rocks to sleep on!

It's been my experience that with just a little bit of care, Aerobeds will last for many years... and they keep getting better! Those so-called "self-inflating" thermarest things provide about as much comfort as sleeping on a gauze pad or a folded paper towel.

IMHO. :worthy:

Amen. I used a Therma-Rest for years for camping and never knew there was anything better. I picked up an AeroBed from the DCI display at the January seminar in order to eventually write about it, and had reason to use it that week when I stayed with friends in Tampa Bay who didn't have a guest bedroom. I was surprised at how fast it inflated and deflated, how little room it took up (it flew home in my luggage) and how comfortable it was. I used it again last week when I was in between beds because neighbors gave me an entire bedroom set and parts of it had to be glued overnight. Again, an extremely comfortable night of sleeping. As for any potential holes...that's why they include a patch kit with every bed. Replacement patch kits are easily obtained.

I can deflate my AeroBed in a fraction of the time it takes to get all the air out of my Therma-Rest so that it gets back in its carrying bag.

Your point being? It's not as if things have gotten easier on the field for us, so...they have invented air beds, and they are cheap. So we use them.

Edited by Kyle B

Your point being? It's not as if things have gotten easier on the field for us, so...they have invented air beds, and they are cheap. So we use them.

LOL :worthy:

Back in the day...some of the more 'affluent' marching members used waterbeds on tour. Maybe that's why they were always late for warm-ups, and were the last ones on the bus! :worthy:

Back in the day...some of the more 'affluent' marching members used waterbeds on tour. Maybe that's why they were always late for warm-ups, and were the last ones on the bus! :worthy:

I had an army cot in the 2 week tour before finals in '82.

Your best bet is to get a bed big enough for 2. Split it with someone else and take turns on who has to carry it and inflate/deflate.