Note to Andyroo:

It seems that the present "Custodian" of "THE HAT" (one Jeff Ream by name) was in violation of stipulation #1 while attending the Reading Buccaneers contest this past Saturday evening, August 23, 2008, to wit, "The individual who is in possession of "THE HAT" must wear said item on his/her head when attending any Drum Corps function. Penalties WILL be assessed by the original owner of "THE HAT" for violation of this stipulation".

As stated in the above mentioned stipulation, we await whatever penalty(ies) you find to be most appropriate in light of Mr. Ream's transgressions.

Also, the "Passing of "THE HAT" needs to be witnessed and documented (a group photo of the new "Custodian" and those witnessing the ceremony) by a minimum of 5 people who understand the meaning behind "THE HAT" . After all, when said chapeau was bestowed upon Mr. Jeff Ream, there were better then 100 people in attendance.

If this occasion is auspicious enough the new "Custodian" (and all future "Custodians") will receive the honor of attending the PaDCHOF Induction Ceremony and Breakfast as a guest of the Chairman.

Mike,

look, I don't want to sound like a dick, but it wasn't because it was THE hat...i didn't want to wear ANY hat. I will do what I can to get witnesses for the passing, however intended victim also has competitive responsibilities next weekend, and, I refuse to skip a bunch of corps performances to do it. Given that said person most likely wont be at the alumni show, if 5 cant see it, then they cant.

i just want to go to rachacha and watch drum corps and see some friends. if i have to rearrange my weekend to turn over a hat and miss a bunch of shows, i'll mail it to em.

and, IMO, the attitude I am sure you think I have just makes me that much more worthy of the hat...ya know, the #### you, i'll do what I want to attitude.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

look, I don't want to sound like a dick, but it wasn't because it was THE hat...i didn't want to wear ANY hat. I will do what I can to get witnesses for the passing, however intended victim also has competitive responsibilities next weekend, and, I refuse to skip a bunch of corps performances to do it. Given that said person most likely wont be at the alumni show, if 5 cant see it, then they cant.

i just want to go to rachacha and watch drum corps and see some friends. if i have to rearrange my weekend to turn over a hat and miss a bunch of shows, i'll mail it to em.

and, IMO, the attitude I am sure you think I have just makes me that much more worthy of the hat...ya know, the #### you, i'll do what I want to attitude.

Keeping in mind that honesty is its own reward, this is an issue that you need to take up with the first owner/ Custodian of "THE HAT" . If you are unable to fullfil the obligations and stipulations that were set forth then your argument is with Andyroo, not I.

As for your irrasible attitude, it surely has no affect on me, but rather it shows an unwillingness to partake in the spirit inwhich you were selected by the original "Custodian" of "THE HAT" , Andyroo. Perhaps you can direct your "#### you" attitude towards him. :tongue: I was merely the messenger. :tongue:

Keeping in mind that honesty is its own reward, this is an issue that you need to take up with the first owner/ Custodian of "THE HAT" . If you are unable to fullfil the obligations and stipulations that were set forth then your argument is with Andyroo, not I.

As for your irrasible attitude, it surely has no affect on me, but rather it shows an unwillingness to partake in the spirit inwhich you were selected by the original "Custodian" of "THE HAT" , Andyroo. Perhaps you can direct your "#### you" attitude towards him. :tongue: I was merely the messenger. :tongue:

Good Lord!!! I thought that with my children grown and moved out, I'd no longer have to put up with this kind of behavior.

But no!!! I apparently have two new children - and worse than the first two by the way.

In any case, I have no idea who the next recipient is supposed to be - so I can't very well make any arrangements for a transfer of power, i.e. THE HAT. All I know is that according to you two, he/she/it probably won't be at the alumni show, and since I'm also going to be participating in prelims and finals, that makes my weekend time kind of tight.

So do whatever you want with the d###ed thing!

oh i'll be at the alumni show, have no fear Dad.

but come on, anyone making fun of EVERYONE has to have attitude. I mean, go google it :thumbup:

btw your youth is showing..i DID tell you who it was going to at Chambersburg

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

oh i'll be at the alumni show, have no fear Dad.

but come on, anyone making fun of EVERYONE has to have attitude. I mean, go google it :thumbup:

btw your youth is showing..i DID tell you who it was going to at Chambersburg

Jeff, you're right. I have to apologize to both you and "he who shall not be named." As custodians of THE HAT, it's a given that we should exhibit the same sort of attitude displayed by the person THE HAT is intended to honor/mock - and anger, narcissism, and a need to create chaos seem to fit right in.

In any case, you're apparently correct about my C.R.S. disease flaring up again. Was I in Chambersburg??? Seriously though, while I remember our speaking briefly at Chambersburg, for the life of me I can't remember who you said was to be the next recipient. Perhaps a PM or an email would help to get me back on track.

Thanks,

Andy

then all is forgiven?????????........yes, Andyroo..........you wuz in Chambersburg.........I seen ya on the field

Joe

message sent!

then all is forgiven?????????........yes, Andyroo..........you wuz in Chambersburg.........I seen ya on the field

Joe

Thank you. Jim. Chambersburg... That's the one in Pennsylvania, right? Apparently I was there after all.

Yer welcome Andy...........where's Amos?

Thank you. Jim. Chambersburg... That's the one in Pennsylvania, right? Apparently I was there after all.