Speaking of which (or is that "witch" :smile: ), guess who's back on that other Drum Corps newsgroup. :tongue::smile:

Nope, I ain't goin' anywhere's near "she who shall remain nameless". :smile: :smile: :wall::smile: But I wouldn't be surprised if she monitors here. Just wonder if she is aware of our illustrious CHAPEAU . :smile:

the news of that was passed along to me at Allentown. not that i'm going to go over there to play 'tweak the freak' either.

:smile:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh geeeeeeeeeez.............I'm found out. I didn't use my booster seat when I typed that. It ain't easy being vertically challenged....even Mr. Softee cards me.

J

well at least NanciD looks up to you

aside from my children and grandchildren she may be the only one Jeff :thumbup:

well at least NanciD looks up to you

• 3 weeks later...

Note to Andyroo:

It is naturally assumed that there will be a "DIGNIFIED" ceremony with the "Passing of "THE HAT" " next weekend at the DCA World Championships in Rochester, N.Y.. That it will take place with all due respect and that the new recipient and "Custodian" of "THE HAT" carry on the "traditions" set forth in the original post in this thread. Keep in mind that the unique spirit EVERYONE will be reflected in your due diligence of following through while maintaining your duties.

Note to Andyroo:

It is naturally assumed that there will be a "DIGNIFIED" ceremony with the "Passing of "THE HAT" " next weekend at the DCA World Championships in Rochester, N.Y.. That it will take place with all due respect and that the new recipient and "Custodian" of "THE HAT" carry on the "traditions" set forth in the original post in this thread. Keep in mind that the unique spirit EVERYONE will be reflected in your due diligence of following through while maintaining your duties.

Okay, MR. CHAIRMAN, so what are my duties - other than showing up?

Note to Andyroo:

Mike,

I've got good news and I've got bad news.

First the bad news.... I will not be able to attend the meeting at which the recipient of THE Hat for 2009 will be decided.

Now the good news.... I'll be doing a photo shoot with the members of the U.S. Olympics Women's Beach Volleyball Team (in uniform), hence my not being able to attend the meeting. Apparently they originally tried to get Fran Haring for these photos, but his cell phone seems not to be working.

In any case, the beer truck is already scheduled to be at the meeting, so you and Jeff can feel free to choose anyone you wish.

And please don't be concerned; I should have my strength back by Thursday or Friday of next week.

Andy

jeff wont be in til late friday and i need to get in touch with the intended victim so the hat can be passed.

BTW...had hat in car, but did not wear tonight at Reading. just didnt want a #### hat on my head. Cossetti saw me and i fessed up...just didnt want to wear it.

since said victim to receive probably wont be at alumni show, will have to be prelims most likely.

jeff wont be in til late friday and i need to get in touch with the intended victim so the hat can be passed.

BTW...had hat in car, but did not wear tonight at Reading. just didnt want a #### hat on my head. Cossetti saw me and i fessed up...just didnt want to wear it.

since said victim to receive probably wont be at alumni show, will have to be prelims most likely.

Note to Andyroo:

It seems that the present "Custodian" of "THE HAT" (one Jeff Ream by name) was in violation of stipulation #1 while attending the Reading Buccaneers contest this past Saturday evening, August 23, 2008, to wit, "The individual who is in possession of "THE HAT" must wear said item on his/her head when attending any Drum Corps function. Penalties WILL be assessed by the original owner of "THE HAT" for violation of this stipulation".

As stated in the above mentioned stipulation, we await whatever penalty(ies) you find to be most appropriate in light of Mr. Ream's transgressions.

Also, the "Passing of "THE HAT" needs to be witnessed and documented (a group photo of the new "Custodian" and those witnessing the ceremony) by a minimum of 5 people who understand the meaning behind "THE HAT" . After all, when said chapeau was bestowed upon Mr. Jeff Ream, there were better then 100 people in attendance.

If this occasion is auspicious enough the new "Custodian" (and all future "Custodians") will receive the honor of attending the PaDCHOF Induction Ceremony and Breakfast as a guest of the Chairman.

LOLOLOL......hey Jeff, I was gonna be silent on the location of the head cover last night, but you spilled the beans, like an altar boy to Father Tim........OK, I just lied.......that's why I'm on this thread........ole BIG MOUTH was gonna tell.

Joe

Note to Andyroo:

It seems that the present "Custodian" of "THE HAT" (one Jeff Ream by name) was in violation of stipulation #1 while attending the Reading Buccaneers contest this past Saturday evening, August 23, 2008, to wit, "The individual who is in possession of "THE HAT" must wear said item on his/her head when attending any Drum Corps function. Penalties WILL be assessed by the original owner of "THE HAT" for violation of this stipulation".

As stated in the above mentioned stipulation, we await whatever penalty(ies) you find to be most appropriate in light of Mr. Ream's transgressions.

Also, the "Passing of "THE HAT" needs to be witnessed and documented (a group photo of the new "Custodian" and those witnessing the ceremony) by a minimum of 5 people who understand the meaning behind "THE HAT" . After all, when said chapeau was bestowed upon Mr. Jeff Ream, there were better then 100 people in attendance.

If this occasion is auspicious enough the new "Custodian" (and all future "Custodians") will receive the honor of attending the PaDCHOF Induction Ceremony and Breakfast as a guest of the Chairman.