Mia Michaels

i wonder what a "mia michaels" charges for a personal appearance at an event like wgi or spinfest? :tongue:

For clinics, like Spinfest, any in-demand professional would. For Nats... I don't suppose we'll ever know.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clinics, like Spinfest, any in-demand professional would. For Nats... I don't suppose we'll ever know.

Spinfest? I'm sure they gave her a lot of money, as once her name was announced they got TONS more registrations. Also, most of the clinicians volunteer or are given free lodging and food in exchange for showing up (maybe some are provided with transportation). I really wish I would have gone this time! Oh well. :-/

Nationals-- who knows. Since she didn't seem to have been there and it wasn't announced in advance that she'd be attending, she probably just got comp'ed on hotel and food. Maybe they paid for her to get there? I doubt we'll ever know unless someone who was involved speaks up.

Who really cares if and what she got paid????

I think that the fact that she was at both spinfest and WGI just helped open up our world even if just a little. Who knows - down the line she might be asked to choreograph something and think of winterguard as an interesting add on.

It's all about the possibilities to me.

Later,

Mike

I think that the fact that she was at both spinfest and WGI just helped open up our world even if just a little. Who knows - down the line she might be asked to choreograph something and think of winterguard as an interesting add on.

It's all about the possibilities to me.

Later,

Mike

I wonder how much she got paid, because I wonder how much someone who someday might be interested in having her do choreography would have to pay her to add them on.

i do.......i'm just probing.......it's the way of my people! :sad:

Edited by dugg

I wonder how much she got paid, because I wonder how much someone who someday might be interested in having her do choreography would have to pay her to add them on.

Mike --- Just let it go, man... :smile:

on the subject of choreographers.......i was fortunate to meet the fabulous judith jamison today.an icon of dance and one of my idols she was gracious,elegant and beautiful. :smile:

for those of you who don't know ms jamison is a dancer,choreographer and artistic director of alvin ailey american dance theater.she is one of this countries national treasures and an oustanding contibutor to the performing arts.

one of my favorite ailey dances "love stories" opened the performance with music by stevie wonder."love stories" was created in 2004 by judith jamison,robert battle and hip hop dancer rennie harris.

btw,i forgot to ask her how much money she makes! :smile:

Edited by dugg

Probably not that much....

i was actually joking about ms jamison's salary however it is a matter of record that she is compensated to the tune of $438,577.00 a year compared to mark morris who pulls in around $156k or paul taylor's $177k.