Bushwackers are getting through a tough situation

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrible, but I am very happy to hear that the corps landed on your feet.

I imagine is not easy to hide a truck and sell 60+ bugles and drums without drawing attention to yourself, so it probably won't be long until the person who drove off with your equipment faces justice.

Note to all of DCA -- Insurance is Good.

Ebay didn't have anything I'd call suspicious this am, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

You might also want to notify the local metal recyclers. With a lot that big, they be stupid to try to sell it. But then again they were stupid enough to steal it.

Thanks Mike!

I was planning on contacting some local music shops, seeing if anyone has wanted to sell a lot of instruments.

This is horrible, but I am very happy to hear that the corps landed on your feet.

I imagine is not easy to hide a truck and sell 60+ bugles and drums without drawing attention to yourself, so it probably won't be long until the person who drove off with your equipment faces justice.

Note to all of DCA -- Insurance is Good.

My guess is some meth head stole it for just the trailer and could care less about the contents.Probably dumped it off the side of the road somewhere.

SAD.

I recently had copper thieves steal the wiring out of my farmhouse.Caused about 1900 dollars worth of damage for about $10 bucks worth of scrap copper.I feel your guys pain.

I would love for them to find your stuff and have the police turn the guy over to the corps for a good ole arse whipping.Nothing worse than a thief in this world.

Let the beat down begin.

Edited by camel lips

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the thievery. I hope the equipment is found. Go Bush!!!

I'm not surprised by the fantastic gesture by Bob Jacobs and Jersey Surf. Phenomenal program and a class act.

That is terrible news, I hope your stuff turns up and the people responsible are caught.

Similar thing happened to Kiwanis Kavaliers a few years back and they had a poster made up with pictures and serial numbers on it that was distributed to many music stores, pawn shops and band rooms.

http://www.kiwaniskavaliers.org/images/KKREWARD.jpg

If a PDF was created and made available I (and I'm sure many others on DCP) would gladly print it off and post it around town.

Not really the time or place, but I feel that this case of stolen corps equipment is MUCH more legit. I'm very sorry to hear about this, and wish the corps luck in finding it. You can bet I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on ebay.

While this whole thing was devastating to hear initially, the out-pouring of support and people coming to our aid quickly just warms my heart. I'd like to thank everyone out there in the drum corps/band world that is helping us when we need it most, you will not be forgotten.

And to those of you that heard me complain the last two weeks of the last couple piles of the uniforms being in my living room ...I take it back!!!! I've never been happier to have them in my home, safe and sound. :tongue:

WOW this sucks.. Glad you had insurance etc.. Thank goodness for Surf.

Did you lose all the horns? or mostly Contra's Figuring that most members have theirs with them since camps and all have started.

But the percussion alone is alot.. Geez

Where was the trailer last .. In the Harrison area?

Besides the fact that it was painted black white and Blue I believe With the name on the side. Is there anything out of the ordinary that Might catch ones eye since I travel all day all over NJ area.

Man I am going to be checking all the landscapers that I see. Hey that could fit A drag racing car in it no? It was a Fifth wheel type trailer right..

Sorry for all the questions but I live near Raceway park and just thinking whom would use a trailer like that and since they go by me all the time. You never know.

Edited by MrFun