"Worst" Uniform changes

I forgot about the hats in 1992. They had the same sort of thing in 1987. I appreciate the effort to go with the show, but Vanguard just belongs under an Aussie. ALWAYS. End of story.

And I loved the 05 unis.

Agreed. I think we wore the Aussies at Semi's in 92., and we wore them at retreat. I liked the 91 uniforms the best in my years. One regret. In 1992 I kept that little back hat. I should have kept the Aussie.

Of all things I remember, our uniforms in those years were hand made, and they basically felt like heavy duty T-Shirts. It was GREAT running around the field in those things. Unlike my high school band uniform that choaked the hell out of me.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had those from 1984 until 1990. I suppose they were kind of distinctive, but the pants were really ill fitting, we couldn't march well enough to justify the stripe on them, and the velcro panel on the front revealed a wide diagonal pink stripe underneath the navy that was on top. Nothing says POWER like a surprise reveal of fuchsia at a big hit :thumbs-up: .

I liked when we got the dots, but I am not so sure about when they decided to go with black shoes against the grey pants instead of white shoes. No idea what year or years that might have been. I was teaching by 1993, and can remember beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why we were spending so much time trying to work on the back-up technique, seeing as how the mud flaps covered everything up. KC Perkins younger brother having to wear the caveman outfit that year might have been the biggest uniform mistake ever though.

I aged-out of the Blue Knights in 1984 and am admittedly partial to that pre-dot uniform. The idea of having a brand-new, made to order in my size uniform, played a large part in my decision to go cross-country and age-out with what was, at the time, a relatively unknown corps. I had previously been a member of the Memphis Blues who had just folded and several other Memphis folks wound up in Denver.

The fuchsia stripe - In 1984 we loaded that stripe with a piece of orange flag fabric. The flap came down to reveal the orange during a hit in the drum feature and then the orange was peeled out to reveal the fucshia for the closer. It was the 80's......a simpler time! I also remember that for grins and giggles we would present a different color from day to day at retreat. We were soooooo easily amused.

Uhhh....check out SCV prior to 84....they had the same scheme then...plus WHITE shoes...the Xmas three comment goes back to the 70s....

I believe the correct spelling is "3hree." :rolleyes:

Also for the record ... Never loved the Black Devils or the Grey Devils. It's Blue Devils or it's just wrong.

Wasn't the idea that they looked like they were in a black and white movie?

oh...while I'm picking on Drum Majors...I think I'm the only person (or only MALE for that fact) that HATED the spandex uniform that Kristi Spears wore in 1997.

there...I said it!

I think we need to see a picture of Ms Spears in this thread to show how wrong this guy is. Anyone have a good picture?

I think we need to see a picture of Ms Spears in this thread to show how wrong this guy is. Anyone have a good picture?

Actually, I tend to agree....she looked MUCH more appealing in the 96 uni than the 97 (more intimidating, too)

Sorry to bash on PR every now and then. I guess you only criticize the one you love in this case. But to be fair, the all-white in 06 was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life! I would love nothing better than to see the corps do a show in solid white--no color!

Go watch their '87 show- you'll get your wish.

1995- Crossmen replacing the aussies with shakos. :rolleyes: