"Worst" Uniform changes

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 82 or 83, Madison went from the black unis w/ spats and the red sash to black pants, and a white jacket. Did not work for me at all.

Disliked the generic powder blue tux unis that Spirit of Atlanta debuted in 81.

I don't believe Madison has ever worn black pants or tops. Dark forest green, perhaps? Any alumni to verify this?

The Hostess cupcake uni for Crossmen - worst ever

Ironically, the early-mid 90s uniform was an awesome look!

Crossemn certainly seemed to have changed uniforms alot the last 25+ years

I was just reminded of this by a reference in a DCA thread. I'm sure some folks here remember the "Elf" suits the '85 Bridgemen wore in their "Christmas in July" show.

At least they stripped those off and revealed the "banana" trench coats halfway thru the show.

99 Magic was an AWESOME uniform. Fit their show and image to a tee!

It was a pain to keep everything together with o many parts held on with velcro. And a lot more safety-pins as the season wore on.

Here ya go, Sue...Spirit 89.

Curious though...what is the "Keystone cops" look you have referred to?

spirit89.jpg

BTW, the guard was in tie dyed body suits in 1988, to clarify a previous comment by another poster.

Ahhh... thanks for the edit... the ol' brain is not what it used to be, and I was JUST going to reply to this post and ask about tie dye, because I knew that SOMETHING was dyed.

I don't believe Madison has ever worn black pants or tops. Dark forest green, perhaps? Any alumni to verify this?

I'm pretty sure this is correct. Same for Santa Clara, as well.

Disliked the generic powder blue tux unis that Spirit of Atlanta debuted in 81.

Maybe this was the uniform that gave me a "Keystone Cops" vibe. Not one of my favorites, either.

Blue Knights - Just bring back the dots, is that too much to ask?

It's interesting to me how divisive this particular design element is. It seems like people either love or hate the dots, no in between. I really liked the dots; I felt they gave the corps a clean, distinctive appearance, and I've missed them ever since they stopped being used.

It's interesting to me how divisive this particular design element is. It seems like people either love or hate the dots, no in between. I really liked the dots; I felt they gave the corps a clean, distinctive appearance, and I've missed them ever since they stopped being used.

I loved the dots also. It definately gave an different appearance to the corps. Unlike the bland design they have now. Now that was a bad change.