Who's competing in DCA prelims

Ahhh, but I think "who gets into finals" in Open class is going to be the most interesting.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...right, but with less drama. If history speaks for anything, Class A last year had a lot of drama. One corps got in because of .6 penalty by another corps... and that corps dropped two placements. This is going to be great in Class A! I wouldn't be surprised if a Class A corps beat a few Open Class this year.

it may be time to examine opening up to 5 spots for finals to start

First off... the only penalty all weekend was .2 to Govies in Class A finals and it did not affect placement...

There were NO penalties in prelims... recaps can be viewed at http://www.dcacorps.org

As for the number of Class A vs Open... I choose to see it in a positive light - indicative of the growth of new and returning corps striving for success...

First off... the only penalty all weekend was .2 to Govies in Class A finals and it did not affect placement...

There were NO penalties in prelims... recaps can be viewed at http://www.dcacorps.org

As for the number of Class A vs Open... I choose to see it in a positive light - indicative of the growth of new and returning corps striving for success...

Tom, I believe the penalty he is talking about is the one awarded to Alliance for 0.3 in prelims which knocked them out of Finals. See prelims RECAP

Doug Smith

it may be time to examine opening up to 5 spots for finals to start

Totally agree

Someone said something yesterday that concerned. He said that there are some corps in the A Class that are at the bottom of the pack every year in Prelims. He posed the question, "why bother?" I don't believe this philosophy, however, opening up Class A Finals might make it a little less cut throat. Keep in mind that with 5 corps making Finals, 9 still won't.... so it will still be difficult.

oops... missed that... you are correct .3

actually it's a good thing this came up as I'm working on the yearbook and THAT is where I missed it... off to make the correction...

thanks guys

Someone said something yesterday that concerned. He said that there are some corps in the A Class that are at the bottom of the pack every year in Prelims. He posed the question, "why bother?" I don't believe this philosophy, however, opening up Class A Finals might make it a little less cut throat. Keep in mind that with 5 corps making Finals, 9 still won't.... so it will still be difficult.

not a matter of making it less cut throat, but a matter of equity and fairness.

10 of 12 get in in Open.

yet 3 of 14 get in in A.

I realize it'll be a tough sell with the current voting set up, but it's time, because A class is the biggest growth area of DCA since 1997. In fact, A Class here is the exact opposite of the D2/3/Open Class Model in DCI.