From a friend, of a friend, of a friend

Dude...when you play like Joey, YOU DONT HAVE TO MARCH!

There are some fantastic soloists through the years in DCA...but there is one that stands alone...young Mr. Pero. There is nothing he cannot do on a brass instrument, his flexibilty is enormous, range is ridiculous, technique is phenominal, tone quality is outstanding and his understanding of idioms is spectacular.

Did I forget anything?

(so what if he cant march...LOL)

Donny

The only thing you forgot is his positive attitude, great personality, a team player, work ethic, inspiring, hero, friend and role model. He was a treat to work with in Empire.

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dca is full of people who can't march, the difference between these people and Joe is, at least he can play his horn extremely well. so lets start a thread about people who can't march but do.

dca is full of people who can't march, the difference between these people and Joe is, at least he can play his horn extremely well. so lets start a thread about people who can't march but do.

That is true - I did the Renegades a favor this year and moved to the pit. Should bring up our visual score by 3 points at least!!! DCA - watch out!

:tongue::devil::mat:

Lets see...... this years version of Empire

Pete Weber.... see ya July 5th)

Our visual staff this year is to die for

Is he doing Empire's drill this year? LOVE his stuff for Vanguard. To die for. Will be interesting to see what he can pull off in the all-age arena.

Is he doing Empire's drill this year? LOVE his stuff for Vanguard. To die for. Will be interesting to see what he can pull off in the all-age arena.

Yes he wrote our drill and he did a fabulous job with staging and such... Wait till you see it.. With the addition of the Allen brothers to our top visual staff, this show is going to be spectacular....

Oh and for the person who wrote about Empire not being able to "march" their show last year...... I promise you "visual" will not be one of our weaknesses this year.......

Kenny

Oh and for the person who wrote about Empire not being able to "march" their show last year...... I promise you "visual" will not be one of our weaknesses this year.......

Well, in 2006, we Statesmen were tops in "drill" at Finals. Bucs edged us by .05 (the barest minimum) in Visual, but that was due to a 0.2 differential in Guard. As for Field Vis and Ensemble Vis (the actual "marching" captions), we outscored Bucs by a net 0.1. In true Statesmen fashion, we worked our (tails) off to get that score. Bucs always have a heckuva marching program, so I felt like we did quite well to top them in those categories.

2007 was an aberration. I expect ES will return to the top in Visual this season.

Will the Statesmen be debuting their show before Rochester on July 5?

I will be in Toledo with Pioneer.....I will have to look yinz up